Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
Come on guys, let's be fair. We do group rides here. No need to re-do a ride to get a better time whilst the other riders don't do that. Everyone should have the same chances and imho that is a one-time go against each other.
Actually I totally disagree but hope this is taken in the spirit in which it is intended. This group as @Mark68 pointed out is a very friendly one which is one of its strengths but that doesn't mean we can't express different opinions whilst still having the greatest of admiration for each other. The bkool league structure allows for multiple attempts at a league stage and whilst the UPS of this group is our group rides there is no reason why anybody should be limited to one attempt. Anybody can do any stage as many times as they like. Personally I find it perhaps the hardest thing to do, very much like trying to better a strave pb. Having given your all in a group ride to riding again, against your own ghost, knowing that you are not stronger than you, and that if you relent you will be caught by yourself. I think anybody who does this and betters their time deserves the reward of having their time count. Now, I don't want you and I to fall out over this. This group which is getting back on it's feet. though not yet fit enough to attempt Alpe D'huez on a fixie, needs people like you @microkid, you are a perfect example of why this group is so good. I think I should stop drinking now in case I write somehting wya too soppy to my kids!

keithaitch

Veteran
What about giving @Goldwolfie temporary Danish residency.
Changes to teams is not alowed while there is a live league. @Goldwolfie, Marco72 and anybody else active in the league and here will be included in December's teams together with @Whorty when he opens up the wallet and lets the moths out.

microkid

Actually I totally disagree but hope this is taken in the spirit in which it is intended. This group as @Mark68 pointed out is a very friendly one which is one of its strengths but that doesn't mean we can't express different opinions whilst still having the greatest of admiration for each other. The bkool league structure allows for multiple attempts at a league stage and whilst the UPS of this group is our group rides there is no reason why anybody should be limited to one attempt. Anybody can do any stage as many times as they like. Personally I find it perhaps the hardest thing to do, very much like trying to better a strave pb. Having given your all in a group ride to riding again, against your own ghost, knowing that you are not stronger than you, and that if you relent you will be caught by yourself. I think anybody who does this and betters their time deserves the reward of having their time count. Now, I don't want you and I to fall out over this. This group which is getting back on it's feet. though not yet fit enough to attempt Alpe D'huez on a fixie, needs people like you @microkid, you are a perfect example of why this group is so good. I think I should stop drinking now in case I write somehting wya too soppy to my kids!
Well, in that case, I will take some drugs and dope and try a re-run. Not today though, had a nice ride outside here in NL. 9 degrees C with lots of sun :smile:

Well, in that case, I will take some drugs and dope and try a re-run. Not today though, had a nice ride outside here in NL. 9 degrees C with lots of sun :smile:
The only rides I've done there were around Eindhoven (where I was lucky enough to go twice for some Philips training) on the canal trails. I'm jealous. Good weather and great bike infrastructure.

Mark68

Über Member
I'm inspired! I would never dream of entering a cycle race IRL, but at almost 60 we can have good fun and challenge ourselves, if not the fastest.
Definitely agree with these thoughts. I would have certainly hung up my racing wheels had it not been for my new found pain cave.
Just being able to compete in this league is great without feeling out of place.

Mark68

Über Member
But I had the wrong colour socks on the first attempt so that doesn’t count. I recall we all were in agreement on that some years back. To be found somewhere on pages 1800 to 3200. :tongue:
I do agree with what you have said as I did have a go at riding against myself and yes I did find it incredibly hard to finish ahead of myself. I think I gained about 10 seconds.
I am split really regarding second goes.
I can see the argument from both sides and can't side with either really.
Although it was nice having that backup plan there just incase of a bad ride.
But in the real world there's no second chance.
This isn't the real world and we are all doing it for our enjoyment and fitness and not too serious. But it is hard when you are competitive and want to win😀

I do agree with what you have said as I did have a go at riding against myself and yes I did find it incredibly hard to finish ahead of myself. I think I gained about 10 seconds.
I am split really regarding second goes.
I can see the argument from both sides and can't side with either really.
Although it was nice having that backup plan there just incase of a bad ride.
But in the real world there's no second chance.
This isn't the real world and we are all doing it for our enjoyment and fitness and not too serious. But it is hard when you are competitive and want to win😀
I changed my mind!! I just spent 48 minutes of agony to gain less than 30 seconds!! Sorry @shimceltic and @keithaitch .

Top Bottom