Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Team Orange @microkid ruling the

roost

Me to - at 68 and well over weight, I don't want to take any chances, especially when Mrs GW is out at the footie.

152 bpm is about as far as I want to go.

First league race for about 18 months - mostly down hill, so my kind of course.

My attempt is ready for approval - no rush
At 62 I hit 176 today but never worry because like @microkid said my doctor told me it is just your own limit and doesn’t hurt to hit it. He did say don’t try to maintain for long periods but that’s definitely not a danger.

Goldwolfie

Veteran
Not fit. Lucky to reach 150 usually. Gotta RHR of 40. Its all this half arsed hill climbing n walking. Need to @Whorty off the drugs n back to his spiritual home - specially now GW is back too.
Going @Whorty- you know you want too. I believe you may be a bit quick for the old autobus, but get your hand in your pocket and give it a trial. It seems a lot more realistic now and it would be good to have you back.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Going @Whorty- you know you want too. I believe you may be a bit quick for the old autobus, but get your hand in your pocket and give it a trial. It seems a lot more realistic now and it would be good to have you back.

The lads a little shy as he knows there’s no drafting in Bkool land.. no hiding place.. he’s still better than us, but it would be good to see the whortmiester on the profile. 🚲🚲🚲. 🚲

Edit: @Whorty is a proud man. With the recruitment drive to get everyone over to that place, he may be reluctant to return... no worries though... I’d go easy on him for a couple of minutes..

Last edited:
The 2 rides. The first one is on the new Beta Sim. The second is today’s race. The only difference was the tire but it seems like the new version is a better algorithm for someone 200 pounds. Same effort if you look at heart rate but cadence better and watts/speed way different.

Attachments

• C893F24E-9BFA-4401-A52C-CFDA58515E59.png
    C893F24E-9BFA-4401-A52C-CFDA58515E59.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 5B9F2E3F-CB9B-4796-B537-978E821C9C50.png
    5B9F2E3F-CB9B-4796-B537-978E821C9C50.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 5

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
The lads a little shy as he knows there’s no drafting in Bkool land.. no hiding place.. he’s still better than us, but it would be good to see the whortmiester on the profile. 🚲🚲🚲. 🚲

Edit: @Whorty is a proud man. With the recruitment drive to get everyone over to that place, he may be reluctant to return... no worries though... I’d go easy on him for a couple of minutes..
:whistle: 🍿 ^_^

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Has drafting stopped completely? TBF, Bkool's drafting model seems/seemed more realistic than Zwifts (and less annoying than Zwift's sticky draft). It's good that they have finally listened and started to equalise the trainers - hopefully for them it isn't a little too late.

shimceltic

Veteran
At 62 I hit 176 today but never worry because like @microkid said my doctor told me it is just your own limit and doesn’t hurt to hit it. He did say don’t try to maintain for long periods but that’s definitely not a danger.
I thought I'd really improved this last year but now realise everyone is at pension age that I'm racing......... Hope I'm half as good as you lot when I hit that age

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Has drafting stopped completely? TBF, Bkool's drafting model seems/seemed more realistic than Zwifts (and less annoying than Zwift's sticky draft). It's good that they have finally listened and started to equalise the trainers - hopefully for them it isn't a little too late.

It’s never too late. They’ve wised up. Competition is good and they’re the only real competition.. and close to half the price.. good news is.. you will save money switching and I’ll pay more staying.. only a matter of time.

Ken?

keithaitch

Veteran
It is demoralizing when you see Keith listed in the veteran 3 ranking.
I'm sorry, I blame my parents. Seriously I'm riding much further and stronger now at 60 than at any time in my life and hope this is inspiring. I think anybody who gets on an indoor trainer knowing how much they are going to suffer, even with the added social aspect we have deserves huge kudos.

Rod McG

Über Member
I'm sorry, I blame my parents. Seriously I'm riding much further and stronger now at 60 than at any time in my life and hope this is inspiring. I think anybody who gets on an indoor trainer knowing how much they are going to suffer, even with the added social aspect we have deserves huge kudos.
I'm inspired! I would never dream of entering a cycle race IRL, but at almost 60 we can have good fun and challenge ourselves, if not the fastest.

Top Bottom