Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perswe

Über Member
First snow now. Had hoped to combine outdoor and indoor cycling yet another month, but snow and darkness (from 15:20 currently) means I might have to stay indoors more. That this small (but growing!) community soldiers on in spite of bkool bugs and peculiar upgrades (what would this community be without them?) makes indooring a lot more fun (and painful).

Thanks to you all!

keithaitch

Veteran
@perswe takes one for the team by redoing stage 1, improving his time by minute to take his team to the top of the leader board. @microkid the gauntlet has decidedly been thrown down, are your Bigboys up to the challenge?

First snow now. Had hoped to combine outdoor and indoor cycling yet another month, but snow and darkness (from 15:20 currently) means I might have to stay indoors more. That this small (but growing!) community soldiers on in spite of bkool bugs and peculiar upgrades (what would this community be without them?) makes indooring a lot more fun (and painful).

Thanks to you all!
We have snow in the mountains but the ocean keeps us above frrezing. With the shorter days and the bone chilling wet and cold. I'm inside until unusual warm dry spell hits.I have nothing but admiration for those of you braving the elements. Not you @Marco72 - I googled and Adelaide is perfect temperature - I programmed a Bkool waterfront ride there as a warm up.. I see @Perky77 doing a big ride in France. Go Martyn go!

keithaitch

Veteran
The team thing was only meant to be a bit of (harmless) fun. Nothing to kill ourselves over. That said if @Randyberlin you want to remove your heart monitor and redo stage 1 and take a big one for the team @shimceltic and I will both speak nicely about you at the funeral. However I made a bad call including @JJRobinson who appears not to be competing so for this month I've reduced The Danish national team to two people, counting their times and then multiplying by 1.5 to make it an even playing field for them. At the end of this month adjustments will be made to the composition of teams based on this months times in an effort to make all teams for December (and the rest if the season) as equal as possible in terms of level so the leading team is the one who does best relative to their level.

microkid

I think it was only a suggestion that only 1st attempt counted and nothing was confirmed.if people want to put the extra effort in then fair enough.
Come on guys, let's be fair. We do group rides here. No need to re-do a ride to get a better time whilst the other riders don't do that. Everyone should have the same chances and imho that is a one-time go against each other.

@Perky77 .

Rule #9...

Come on guys, let's be fair. We do group rides here. No need to re-do a ride to get a better time whilst the other riders don't do that. Everyone should have the same chances and imho that is a one-time go against each other.
I vote for allowing reruns. As long as anybody can redo it it seems fair. There was a race a few years back where @Add and @BILL S kept redoing it for 1 or two seconds over and over. They traded the lead many times and made themselves sick with effort.. Great entertainment for those of us in the back.

The team thing was only meant to be a bit of (harmless) fun. Nothing to kill ourselves over. That said if @Randyberlin you want to remove your heart monitor and redo stage 1 and take a big one for the team @shimceltic and I will both speak nicely about you at the funeral. However I made a bad call including @JJRobinson who appears not to be competing so for this month I've reduced The Danish national team to two people, counting their times and then multiplying by 1.5 to make it an even playing field for them. At the end of this month adjustments will be made to the composition of teams based on this months times in an effort to make all teams for December (and the rest if the season) as equal as possible in terms of level so the leading team is the one who does best relative to their level.
What about giving @Goldwolfie temporary Danish residency.

Top Bottom