Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@Marco72
I just did an Adelaide video ride. That looks like a great place to live. You weren’t exaggerating about all the bike riders, there were a lot when that was videoed. However I didn’t see any magpies.

Marco72

@Marco72
I just did an Adelaide video ride. That looks like a great place to live. You weren’t exaggerating about all the bike riders, there were a lot when that was videoed. However I didn’t see any magpies.
Yeah, its a big place for cycling, unfortunately its also big on riders thinking that the road rules dont apply to them, hence my preference for using the smart trainer now that i have one lol. I've done that ride (logged in to Bkool to check which it was), both on the trainer (well, not that one specifically, but that section is in a couple i have built on there) and IRL, and its definitely a good spot, and can see why so many train on it. we actually have a lot of good riding roads down here for a smaller city.

mot surprised at the magpies tho, they dont usually go that close to the beach, too many seagulls i think LOL ^_^

BILL S

Guru
I vote for allowing reruns. As long as anybody can redo it it seems fair. There was a race a few years back where @Add and @BILL S kept redoing it for 1 or two seconds over and over. They traded the lead many times and made themselves sick with effort.. Great entertainment for those of us in the back.

And this is why I totally support unlimited re-runs for the chaingang races. It means there is potential for a lot of fun, like in those early days when Add and I used to try and wind each other up as much as possible. I think in the case of that particular one, we did three runs each that night with Add winning the first, and then me going for a second run and making sure I won by just a second so that when the EOS arrived in his in box it would have maximum effect. An hour or so after that I got a quite unexpected EOS from Add and then he posted a pic of himself lying next to his turbo drenched in sweat and looking quite ill. He got the better of me but it was well deserved.
At the end of the day, we never know what tyre each is using and at what pressure so even if we all have the same bkool pro, the results will never be exactly fair anyway, and re-runs means that we're getting fitter and it helps keep me away from the tv. We all have unlimited re-runs so it adds a tactical element to things. You can even do a dummy slow run on the Thursday to lull your main rival into a false sense of security, before going back just before the league closes to nail it. All fair game in my book. :okay:

Mark68

Über Member
And this is why I totally support unlimited re-runs for the chaingang races. It means there is potential for a lot of fun, like in those early days when Add and I used to try and wind each other up as much as possible. I think in the case of that particular one, we did three runs each that night with Add winning the first, and then me going for a second run and making sure I won by just a second so that when the EOS arrived in his in box it would have maximum effect. An hour or so after that I got a quite unexpected EOS from Add and then he posted a pic of himself lying next to his turbo drenched in sweat and looking quite ill. He got the better of me but it was well deserved.
At the end of the day, we never know what tyre each is using and at what pressure so even if we all have the same bkool pro, the results will never be exactly fair anyway, and re-runs means that we're getting fitter and it helps keep me away from the tv. We all have unlimited re-runs so it adds a tactical element to things. You can even do a dummy slow run on the Thursday to lull your main rival into a false sense of security, before going back just before the league closes to nail it. All fair game in my book. :okay:
You can even do a dummy slow run on the Thursday to lull your main rival into a false sense of security, before going back just before the league closes to nail it. All fair game in my book. :okay:

That's sneaky

shimceltic

Veteran
You can even do a dummy slow run on the Thursday to lull your main rival into a false sense of security, before going back just before the league closes to nail it. All fair game in my book. :okay:

That's sneaky
Green team playing the long game and at the end of November we are going to redo all the stages and wipe minutes off our time. ( apart from me who will be sat by the pool in gran Canaria)

Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
A little trip round your area tonight @Brusgaard are you joining 6pm?

No, I'm going to a lecture together with my son at 5.00-6.30 local. It is about eating healthy etc. to maximize your performance in sports.

After that, a friend has asked me to help him setup his pain cave on the Dark Side... Probably won't be home before 8 or 9 pm local.
He will be using a newly bought Tacx Flux 2 and Apple TV4 4K, a setup I have never tried. Hope we get it to work. :smile:

Mols bjerge is not really my neighborhood with 125kms each way, probably a bit shorter on the bike. :smile: Only been to that area once for a wedding 10-15 years ago...

Last edited:

shimceltic

Veteran
No, I'm going to a lecture together with my son at 5.00-6.30 local. It is about eating healthy etc. to maximize your performance in sports.

After that, a friend has asked me to help him setup his pain cave on the Dark Side... Probably won't be home before 8 or 9 pm local.
He will be using a newly bought Tacx Flux 2 and Apple TV 4K, a setup I have never tried. Hope we get it to work. :smile:

Mols bjerge is not really my neighborhood with 125kms each way. :smile:
Closer for you than me. Enjoy.

Top Bottom