Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldwolfie

Veteran
That is the ride I am eluding to Mr @Goldwolfie Sir.. you absolutely monstered it.. I wont anywhere near that. I struggle to get over 200 watts these days..

How come you do those kind of averages, yet you're Amateur 5?
Looking at my Bkool profile, the Amateur 5 level was based on that ride yesterday.

I believe FTP watts are calculated taking into account a riders weight, and to put it mildly at 110 kg you need to generate big numbers to move up in levels.

If I remember correctly the Bkool Fitness Level tab used to tell you how many watts you needed to move up to the next level, but mine no longer does - so to be honest I'm not certain that the fitness levels are that meaningful now, as mine has not moved either up or down since I resumed my Bkool career a few months ago.

keithaitch

Veteran
I won't be riding the rerun today as I'm France and have managed to mislay the bkool quick release.... Honest! It means my repeat of the downhill will have to wait till next week and somebody else will need to start this evenings fun and games. Any chance of you doing it again @microkid just so I can watch in awe of the speeds you get up to!

microkid

I won't be riding the rerun today as I'm France and have managed to mislay the bkool quick release.... Honest! It means my repeat of the downhill will have to wait till next week and somebody else will need to start this evenings fun and games. Any chance of you doing it again @microkid just so I can watch in awe of the speeds you get up to!
Sorry guys. I had a spinning session this morning and tomorrow I have a real-life ride planned.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Looking at my Bkool profile, the Amateur 5 level was based on that ride yesterday.

I believe FTP watts are calculated taking into account a riders weight, and to put it mildly at 110 kg you need to generate big numbers to move up in levels.

If I remember correctly the Bkool Fitness Level tab used to tell you how many watts you needed to move up to the next level, but mine no longer does - so to be honest I'm not certain that the fitness levels are that meaningful now, as mine has not moved either up or down since I resumed my Bkool career a few months ago.
This is from the FAQ thread. I am not sure how accurate this is now, but I think it will be near to what they are using.
Bkool Fitness Level

The bkool fitness levels are an arbitrary division of FTP as 95% of 20 minute average power per Kg, broken down into four categories and 10 sub categories:
Amateur 1-10, Active 1-10, Pro 1-10 and Elite 1-10.

Mens

upload_2015-11-30_13-27-16-png.png

Womens

upload_2015-11-30_15-24-45-png.png

The official FTP test is scheduled from the Fitness Level of your Bkool Profile (this only works if you are a premium member) and your fitness level will be determined using 95% of the average power from this 20 minute session, not including the additional warm up time. Note: the test may look like it is longer, but it stops automatically at 20 minutes.

If you do not do regular FTP tests your fitness level will be determined using 95% of the average power from any session over 30 minutes. Perhaps strangely, the 95% factor is still applied, even if the session is an hour or more. If the session includes any steep inclines, or any declines, it is less likely that this will give a good measure of your actual FTP, for a more accurate reading the official FTP test uses a constant 2% incline.

If you save a proper Bkool FTP test which gives a lower fitness level then your fitness level will be reduced immediately, but this only happens for normal 30 min+ sessions if you have not saved an FTP for two months. [/QUOTE}

Rod McG

Über Member
Why was I encouraging @Rod McG he's not on my team? Great effort though Rod I thought you might catch him right at the end.
I enjoyed that. I might have another go sometime.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Why was I encouraging @Rod McG he's not on my team? Great effort though Rod I thought you might catch him right at the end.
it was a race of tactics and nerve for me which i both won and lost

idea was to get on the coat tails of the at 30 sec guys on the steep bit and coast

i tried will real @Brusgaard but i kept coasting past him and the spin and timing i needed ton get back on and not overshoot was defeating me and left me a bit empty to keep with his real ghost after failed attempts so from then on in i just latched on where i could

a luckily timed spin up to get back onto one, with @Rod McG just on my tail coincided with a short climb and as my watts caught up i danced up the slope but i backed off to early thinking i was going to overshoot the ghost in front and the the minus 4.5 started and i missed his draft

after that it was just dig in for the home run

at the end of the day my 76kg and limited hr was my downfall

Top Bottom