Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perswe

Über Member
Have not had ghost being slower yet...that would be even worse

keithaitch

Veteran
This is the complaints department, right?
So. I think adding ghosts since the upgrade is really a hit and miss affair. Ghosts sometimes shoot off and finishes 1, 2, 3 or even 5 minutes ahead of when they are supposed to, but some don't. This occurs sometimes, for some of the ghosts. I've been trying to work out if this only occurs when adding pre-upgrade ghosts but I think not. For instance in the 2020 league, stage 3, keith finished 2 minutes ahead of himself when I added his ghost while Goldwolfies ghost finished when it was supposed to, and you both did your sessions just the other day. So, while Bkool generally feels more stable now, the ghost feature is getting poorer and poorer. I think it takes a bit of fun from it all.

Apart from fixing this, they should scrap the possibility of adding pre-update ghost as it is very difficult (if not almost imposssible) to know when a session was made (if I want to choose from old or new ghosts). One can always choose a session that is uploaded post upgrade to solve that problem, but still...

btw...has anyone done a session with real wind? A very strange feature. Cycling in strong head wind indoors, when the resistance is not affected (only a bit) but the speed drops significantly makes that feature rather pointless. So, while the effect mimics reality in a way, the feel is not at all there, I think. But I guess someone perhaps appreciates this feature.

And no, you cannot be awarded a 2 minutes better finish keith. ^_^
I agree the ghosts are all over the place. I added tchouchoucash ghost to a winter cup stage, I'm doing well of I can beat him and gave everything to beat him by 2 seconds only to find my time was 16 seconds slower than his! Really frustrating. I think I was in the beta version so perhaps that had something to do with it but whatever it needs sorting out. On the positive side it does add even more value to our live races!

keithaitch

Veteran
Ghost update.
Have just redone stage 3 with the ghosts of @perswe and @AAAC 76C (first attempt).
On the ride I was 24 seconds behind per, yes you may gloat, and 43 seconds ahead of AAAC. My result though (12:22) is 36 seconds behind per, yes, more gloating but it does allow me to divest myself of the cone of shame for the slowest stage time and place it over @Mark68 head. I think I am 4 seconds ahead of AAAC first attempt. This discrepancy is in actual times compared to ghosts is in line with my experience of beating and then losing to tchouchou the other day. I'll inform the guys in bkool but I suspect they are focused on the drafting in beta at the moment so don't hold your breathe. It's anybody else doing the beta testing tonight, it would be nice to have a Chaingang train with us helping each other, and possibly chatting as we go. I might not be in the velodrome but will definitely be doing the kalvebod.

Last edited:

shimceltic

Veteran
Ghost update.
Have just redone stage 3 with the ghosts of @perswe and @AAAC 76C (first attempt).
On the ride I was 24 seconds behind per, yes you may gloat, and 43 seconds ahead of AAAC. My result though (12:22) is 36 seconds behind per, yes, more gloating but it does allow me to divest myself of the cone of shame for the slowest stage time and place it over @Mark68 head. I think I am 4 seconds ahead of AAAC first attempt. This discrepancy is in actual times compared to ghosts is in line with my experience of beating and then losing to tchouchou the other day. I'll inform the guys in bkool but I suspect they are focused on the drafting in beta at the moment so don't hold your breathe. It's anybody else doing the beta testing tonight, it would be nice to have a Chaingang train with us helping each other, and possibly chatting as we go. I might not be in the velodrome but will definitely be doing the kalvebod.
What time are these again?

perswe

Über Member
Ghost update.
You are simply too slow @keithaitch. Now that’s a sentence I won’t be able to repeat many times. But as you yourself very recently stated elsewhere, ”faster isn’t always better”.
:laugh:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
18.00 in the veledrome and 18:30 knavelbod, uk times

I haven't received anything regarding the event. Maybe they deleted my beta signup details from way back.

keithaitch

Veteran
You are simply too slow @keithaitch. Now that’s a sentence I won’t be able to repeat many times. But as you yourself very recently stated elsewhere, ”faster isn’t always better”.
:laugh:
It was a typo the s should have been a t! Congrats on the stage, I stayed with you or at least your ghost, which we now know isn't a true representation, for about 3kms but then couldn't hold you. I hoped to make up time when the slope reduced but, you'll be very pleased to know, I didn't. I blame the admin who chose the stage!

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Mine go into my social or promotion email folder in Gmail so I have to look for them.
Yes, I know, but I didn't receive anything about the new 5.11 beta either when you guys did. I just use the same download link as always, and get the new beta(s) that way. :smile: But if there is anything special one needs to do to participate in tonight's test (ie. password etc.) I don't have it. :smile:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Does the beta update itself or do you have to download the latest release seperate every time

It updates by itself. The new improved update system (5.11+) should make it less of a hassle. Hopefully it works like the Zwift updates, where it only downloads the changed files (or patch for them) instead of the complete install package every time.

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
Yes, I know, but I didn't receive anything about the new 5.11 beta either when you guys did. I just use the same download link as always, and get the new beta(s) that way. :smile: But if there is anything special one needs to do to participate in tonight's test (ie. password etc.) I don't have it. :smile:
There are speed restrictions

- First 4km ((0,00 a 4,00 km) at 25 km/h.
- From km 4,00 to 6,00, at 30 km/h.
- From km 6,00 to 8,00, at 35 km/h.
- From km 8,00 to 10,00, at 40 km/h.
- From km 10,00, free speed.

I'm not sure if this is just for the velodrome or for both, guess we'll find out. See you there.

Top Bottom