Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Mine took a while yesterday.

...because up till now it downloads the complete 300MB+ package everytime, just like official/release version.

keithaitch

Veteran
This is the last week of this month's league, though it stays open until next Wednesday to give people a chance to catch up/redo any stages they have missed, want to do, or are being told by their captain that they have to do again. So it's time to whet your appetites for next month which is a 5 week league so even more suffering than usual. Usual format as nobody has complained seriously! Two dropping, two rolling and one climbing (in the Pyrenees....of course). Having visited Denmark this month it's time as the weather gets a little better to go even further north and visit Per! for the last stage. Again the final stage is open until the Tuesday of the next week for catch up. Hope you enjoy it. @microkid tried to include your stage but even with the route profile number the bkool search facility is so crap that I couldn't ...sorry, not my fault!

Last edited:

hRomoy

Hello everybody.
Sorry for my english. I need help.
I have Bkool Pro 2. After 4 months of use, the trainer broke down. It reboots when I start to spin the wheel (video). I removed the case. When the flywheel begins to rotate, a discharge occurs between the magnet and the flywheel, after which the simulator restarts (video). Technical support has been silent for 8 days. Did anyone have the same problem? Maybe someone knows the solution?

shimceltic

Veteran
Hello everybody.
I have Bkool Pro 2. After 4 months of use, the trainer broke down. It reboots when I start to spin the wheel (video). I removed the case. When the flywheel begins to rotate, a discharge occurs between the magnet and the flywheel, after which the simulator restarts (video). Technical support has been silent for 8 days. Did anyone have the same problem? Maybe someone knows the solution?
I'd be taking it back to the retailer for a swap/refund

Hello everybody.
I think the support has been moved to zycle

A quick scan of Bkool's website(link is external) now prominently displays various other brands of smart trainer that the Bkool Simulator is compatible with. Despite the changes, Bkool have given assurances that anyone who currently owns a trainer or Smart Bike with the Bkool branding will still get a full after-sales service, and that Bkool software will continue to work with their trainers exactly as before.

Re-badged Bkool trainers carrying the Zycle name are already available on the Spanish Zycle website(link is external) - we're not sure if they will be distributed in the UK yet.

keithaitch

Veteran
Did anyone ride the Beta test draft ride besides @keithaitch ? Keith how was it?
@Brusgaard and I rode it and were together for a lot of the time I was there. Having done 20 minutes in the velodrome I only wanted to do 20kms and dinner was calling my name so I quit early.
However it showed up two or three things for me. It confirmed my earlier experience that the drafting visual is much better but that the effect only kicks in when you are within 5m of somebody which is not enough time to adjust your speed for effective drafting,with regular overshooting happening when @Brusgaard and I were trying to work together. I think this could be rectified by moving the effect to when you are within 10m or 1 second and will be making that suggestion in my feedback.
Finally it showed that if @Brusgaard and I want to work together again we need a lot more practice.
Did anyone ride the Beta test draft ride besides @keithaitch ? Keith how was it?

perswe

Über Member
This is the last week of this month's league, though it stays open until next Wednesday to give people a chance to catch up/redo any stages they have missed, want to do, or are being told by their captain that they have to do again. So it's time to whet your appetites for next month which is a 5 week league so even more suffering than usual. Usual format as nobody has complained seriously! Two dropping, two rolling and one climbing (in the Pyrenees....of course). Having visited Denmark this month it's time as the weather gets a little better to go even further north and visit Per! for the last stage. Again the final stage is open until the Tuesday of the next week for catch up. Hope you enjoy it. @microkid tried to include your stage but even with the route profile number the bkool search facility is so crap that I couldn't ...sorry, not my fault!
I’m honoured! Snow and all! Per-fect! Don’t forget the spikes. Actually not that far from me (about 100kms). Sadly I think there are no (?) video routes on my roads.

I’m honoured! Snow and all! Per-fect! Don’t forget the spikes. Actually not that far from me (about 100kms). Sadly I think there are no (?) video routes on my roads.
You are right, very few video routes around you. My theory is you have a beautiful area and don't want it overrun by tourists.[

ATTACH]501419[/ATTACH]

With video filter

Screenshot_20200120-174243.png
Without video filter

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200120-172307.png
    Screenshot_20200120-172307.png
    226.5 KB · Views: 4

Brusgaard

Über Guru
@Brusgaard and I rode it and were together for a lot of the time I was there. Having done 20 minutes in the velodrome I only wanted to do 20kms and dinner was calling my name so I quit early.
However it showed up two or three things for me. It confirmed my earlier experience that the drafting visual is much better but that the effect only kicks in when you are within 5m of somebody which is not enough time to adjust your speed for effective drafting,with regular overshooting happening when @Brusgaard and I were trying to work together. I think this could be rectified by moving the effect to when you are within 10m or 1 second and will be making that suggestion in my feedback.
Finally it showed that if @Brusgaard and I want to work together again we need a lot more practice.

I think you could feel the draft, almost like in the good old days. Most noticeable when in a big group of course.

If you get dropped (like I did yesterday when not paying attention) it is really hard (impossible) to catch the group again. Much harder than in Zwift is how I felt it, and I never succeeded, even though it wasn't a race and the group was only travelling at about 37kph.

I joined the ride about one minute later than @keithaitch and had to catch the front group first, which took about 3.5 km. They were supposed to ride at 25 kph for the first 4 km, but when I caught up they were already riding at 35+. No wonder it took so long. :heat:

I hadn't planned on completing the full 30 km, just wanted to try the draft for a few kms. But when Keith dropped back from the front group, we worked together and got a few seconds ahead of the small group behind us. But if it was because of the drafting, or the others not making an effort is not known. :smile: When Keith left the game, I continued for a few minutes more and then quit...

It'll be nice to test the drafting in a real race instead of this test ride!

Last edited:
Top Bottom