Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
I think you could feel the draft, almost like in the good old days. Most noticeable when in a big group of course.

If you get dropped (like I did yesterday when not paying attention) it is really hard (impossible) to catch the group again. Much harder than in Zwift is how I felt it, and I never succeeded, even though it wasn't a race and the group was only travelling at about 37kph.

I joined the ride about one minute later than @keithaitch and had to catch the front group first, which took about 3.5 km. They were supposed to ride at 25 kph for the first 4 km, but when I caught up they were already riding at 35+. No wonder it took so long. :heat:

I hadn't planned on completing the full 30 km, just wanted to try the draft for a few kms. But when Keith dropped back from the front group, we worked together and got a few seconds ahead of the small group behind us. But if it was because of the drafting, or the others not making an effort is not known. :smile: When Keith left the game, I continued for a few minutes more and then quit...

It'll be nice to test the drafting in a real race instead of this test ride!
I think we got a gap because we were working hard but I found it much harder for two people to work together as effectively as a group because the draft effect is too short and we kept overshooting each other or getting dropped. I think if they extended the draft effect a little it would solve this problem and allow two people to work effectively together.
Glad you thought we were working together!

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Hello everybody.
Sorry for my english. I need help.
I have Bkool Pro 2. After 4 months of use, the trainer broke down. It reboots when I start to spin the wheel (video). I removed the case. When the flywheel begins to rotate, a discharge occurs between the magnet and the flywheel, after which the simulator restarts (video). Technical support has been silent for 8 days. Did anyone have the same problem? Maybe someone knows the solution?
I will get back to you later.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Hello everybody.
Sorry for my english. I need help.
I have Bkool Pro 2. After 4 months of use, the trainer broke down. It reboots when I start to spin the wheel (video). I removed the case. When the flywheel begins to rotate, a discharge occurs between the magnet and the flywheel, after which the simulator restarts (video). Technical support has been silent for 8 days. Did anyone have the same problem? Maybe someone knows the solution?
As far as the second video is concerned you will not get far testing like that.
The PCB needs to be in the slot as there is a null gate (photo cell on the PCB and a flag on the magnet carrier).
When the trainer starts it motors back until the flag breaks the photo cells image.
What you are doing will eventually burn out the stepper motor and or jam the magnet carrier on the stepper motor threaded shaft.
Repeat video 2 but with the PCB fitted correctly.

The PCB needs to be in the slot as there is a null gate (photo cell on the PCB and a flag on the magnet carrier).
When the trainer starts it motors back until the flag breaks the photo cells image.
What you are doing will eventually burn out the stepper motor and or jam the magnet carrier on the stepper motor threaded shaft.
I agree. I’ve had a problem with it not finding home and by reseating the board the flag breaks the light beam on the dog.
Edit: the good news is your stepper motor seems to work to both ends.

keithaitch

Veteran
I agree. I’ve had a problem with it not finding home and by reseating the board the flag breaks the light beam on the dog.
Edit: the good news is your stepper motor seems to work to both ends.
I feel like I have stepped into a parallel universe!

shimceltic

Veteran
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC....=0ci4NyxRG1ENBP+bL8KxORLX/p4iOvrVKQexRhFq7Qw=

perswe

Über Member
You are right, very few video routes around you. My theory is you have a beautiful area and don't want it overrun by tourists.[

ATTACH]501419[/ATTACH]

With video filter

View attachment 501420
Without video filter

You are absolutely right @Randyberlin ! No cyclists in my back yard, no siree Bob! :stop:
The blobs in the lower screen are mostly mine...which gives you a pretty good idea of where I live....:whistle:

You are absolutely right @Randyberlin ! No cyclists in my back yard, no siree Bob! :stop:
The blobs in the lower screen are mostly mine...which gives you a pretty good idea of where I live....:whistle:
I just did a little ride on the Stovreta route ( one of the two that showed up on the video filter) and the part through the woods was beautiful. Maybe I should post it for all of the visitors who are supposed to be mobbing Sweden because of a popular movie last year. I didn't see it but read an article that said it made Sweden the hip place to visit. I think it was called Midsummer?

Last edited:

perswe

Über Member
I just did a little ride on the Stovreta route ( one of the two that showed up on the video filter) and the part through the woods was beautiful. Maybe I should post it for all of the visitors who are supposed to be mobbing Sweden because of a popular movie last year. I didn't see it but read an article that said it made Sweden the hip place to visit. I think it was called Midsummer?
Yes the storvreta route I do on my mountainbike IRL. There is a nice ancient forrest there (almost impossible to bike). Actually my profile picture is from within that storvreta forrest. Never heard of the movie. Looked it up and it turns out it was shot in Hungary. Fun fact!

Top Bottom