Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
I'll be there in 30 minutes
You probably would need an hour to cover 2000km but your welcome

BILL S

Guru
Great ride @Brusgaard and @BILL S pleasure to be a part of it. Now, having done a Flanders stage at full gas before ours, for my well earned bath and beer.
Very surprised to be riding along with you two today. No fairy dust either so the extra work I'm putting in this year seems to be paying off. Still felt weaker than you both which showed how easily you rode away from me at the end. I'll get there though. As you once said, "playing the long game" ;).

Cornishman

Sorry for my bone post, I have been reading through forums and scouring the net,

I bought a Bkool Smart Pro in Nov 2014, when It was used a handful of time. Fast forward 6 years I am trying to find out what firmware version my trainer is running, for the possibility to use it with Zwift. I can’t find it anywhere within the app, and yes my trainer is connected.

Could some please shine a light?

Cheers all and stay safe.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Sorry for my bone post, I have been reading through forums and scouring the net,

I bought a Bkool Smart Pro in Nov 2014, when It was used a handful of time. Fast forward 6 years I am trying to find out what firmware version my trainer is running, for the possibility to use it with Zwift. I can’t find it anywhere within the app, and yes my trainer is connected.

Could some please shine a light?

Cheers all and stay safe.

You might be unlucky to have bought one of those, that can not be used with Zwift. The first versions can not be updated to support ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth due to a faulty circuitboard. These have firmware 3.02 or 3.04.

If it has never been updated to support Bluetooth via the Bkool Simulator on PC / Mac, you won’t be able to use neither the Toolkit nor Zwift.

BILL S

Guru
You might be unlucky to have bought one of those, that can not be used with Zwift. The first versions can not be updated to support ANT+ FE-C and Bluetooth due to a faulty circuitboard. These have firmware 3.02 or 3.04.

If it has never been updated to support Bluetooth via the Bkool Simulator on PC / Mac, you won’t be able to use neither the Toolkit nor Zwift.

I can also confirm this as my first pro was like that. When I found out, I managed to get wiggle to take it back and send me one that could be updated.

@Bored Man

Jimmie James and the Flames,
I
Great picture on the Komoot showing off the early Scottish spring. The one with the road signs just makes me want to get out and ride.I

On the splitter thread they're talking about video. If you get some shot and uploaded to Bkool we could all ride it.

Last edited:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
@Bored Man

Jimmie James and the Flames,
I
Great picture on the Komoot showing off the early Scottish spring. The one with the road signs just makes me want to get out and ride.I

On the splitter thread they're talking about video. If you get some shot and uploaded to Bkool we could all ride it.

Morning Randy.

It was nice to get out over the weekend, unbelievably quiet on the roads, had them all to myself. I'm paying for it this morning though.. Sore legs n bum.. 2500ft of climbing was a mistake. Couple at 16% climbs in there which I was pleased to be able to get up.. It was ugly but I got up them

I don't have the technology to film and track GPX.. I do have a gopro and I have tried it but it is very bumpy n lumpy..

If its quiet here, there must be nothing at in Sitka.?

shimceltic

Veteran
Being productive whilst off, repositioned my fan on to the wall

Last edited:
Morning Randy.

It was nice to get out over the weekend, unbelievably quiet on the roads, had them all to myself. I'm paying for it this morning though.. Sore legs n bum.. 2500ft of climbing was a mistake. Couple at 16% climbs in there which I was pleased to be able to get up.. It was ugly but I got up them

I don't have the technology to film and track GPX.. I do have a gopro and I have tried it but it is very bumpy n lumpy..

If its quiet here, there must be nothing at in Sitka.?
Nothing yet. The people who are flying in are supposed to be quarantined for 14 days. It's just a matter of time. We've been crazy at work getting ready, pulling ventilators, IV pumps, old portable X-Ray units etc out of storage and fixing them, Because of the sacrifices everyone has made we hope to have a manageable flow instead of a tsunami.
From those of us who get hospital equipment ready, Thank You for your sacrifice.

Nothing yet. The people who are flying in are supposed to be quarantined for 14 days. It's just a matter of time. We've been crazy at work getting ready, pulling ventilators, IV pumps, old portable X-Ray units etc out of storage and fixing them, Because of the sacrifices everyone has made we hope to have a manageable flow instead of a tsunami.
From those of us who get hospital equipment ready, Thank You for your sacrifice.
The good news seems to be it will be over in 2 weeks according to my President.

View: https://youtu.be/sbPQCJtnT6o

keithaitch

Veteran
Guys,

@AndyMacca @shimceltic and I will be doing a handicap attempt ofn th ethird stage of the stay at home event on Wednesday evening, exact time still to be confirmed. We have historical data for our handicaps but if anybody wants to join us I 'll pull a handicap for you out of thin air and hopefully you'll finish with the rest of us as we all cross the line together, 0.000001 seconds behind @BILL S . Ahhh, the old days, such nostalga, such pain!

Top Bottom