Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyMacca

Your unselfish suffering for the good of others knows no bounds! I had a Rochefort 8 and a big bottle of Troll, oh and an eclair! View attachment 535656
Just need another 4000 cals to re-fuel!

How did you do 250km then follow up with a 90+ WTF? I'd need a week off after the 90. :notworthy:

I've just joined a local cycling club with the aim of going on some group rides, I'll have to start leaving my 1hr comfort zone :ohmy:

keithaitch

Veteran
Just need another 4000 cals to re-fuel!

How did you do 250km then follow up with a 90+ WTF? I'd need a week off after the 90. :notworthy:

I've just joined a local cycling club with the aim of going on some group rides, I'll have to start leaving my 1hr comfort zone :ohmy:
I think the quick recovery is just down to doing lots of kms, over 12,000 so far this year.
The 250 was great. My longest ride attempts usually take me away and up from the house here and then back, usually with the wind and generally downhill. However as my wife is still in Barcelona I didn't fancy the prospect of a problems literally kilometres away from home so devised a triple loop of local roads that I love, some of which you've ridden on Big Ring.
It meant I could come back to the house, for coffee, lunch and water bottle refills from the fridge. It also helped knowing every up and down of every road. The loops also got faster, which really surprised me. In the end I was tired, perhaps getting a pb on the penultimate little kick/climb wasn't the best idea as I struggled up the last climb into a strong headwind, but if I hadn't made that effort I could easily have kept going....and will next year.
Today, once I got going I felt strong and was able to hit my training ride speed, whereas I thought I'd be 1 kph average slower.
Tomorrow and Wednesday back into the into the hills for some climbing which is what I enjoy most.
Enjoy the club there is bound to be somebody you'll bond with and get to want to beat, in a friendly way obviously, almost as much as @shimceltic

I think the quick recovery is just down to doing lots of kms, over 12,000 so far this year.
The 250 was great. My longest ride attempts usually take me away and up from the house here and then back, usually with the wind and generally downhill. However as my wife is still in Barcelona I didn't fancy the prospect of a problems literally kilometres away from home so devised a triple loop of local roads that I love, some of which you've ridden on Big Ring.
It meant I could come back to the house, for coffee, lunch and water bottle refills from the fridge. It also helped knowing every up and down of every road. The loops also got faster, which really surprised me. In the end I was tired, perhaps getting a pb on the penultimate little kick/climb wasn't the best idea as I struggled up the last climb into a strong headwind, but if I hadn't made that effort I could easily have kept going....and will next year.
Today, once I got going I felt strong and was able to hit my training ride speed, whereas I thought I'd be 1 kph average slower.
Tomorrow and Wednesday back into the into the hills for some climbing which is what I enjoy most.
Enjoy the club there is bound to be somebody you'll bond with and get to want to beat, in a friendly way obviously, almost as much as @shimceltic

If you plotted a straight line with your miles this week you could probably have reached Alaska..... by the eastern route if you keep it up.,,

Last edited:

keithaitch

Veteran
I have just hadAn email from Bkool saying my video route has been published. Here's the link if anyone wants to see or have a go.

https://my.bkool.com/profile/detail/8898392
It is a bit dark and also not the nicest , but I thought I would give it a go anyway. May try it out later
Well that's the first week of September's league sorted.

Mark68

Über Member
What did you film on and how did you go about it?
I used standard Garmin virb camera and my Garmin edge 820. I think I edited the clip so it matched with the GPS.
Also I might have set the edge 820 to link with the virb so when I started to record with the edge 820 it also started the camera. It was ages ago when I did it so can't remember exactly.
I will have another go sometime soon from Hutton le Hole to top of Rosedale chimney bank. That is a good steady climb with lovely views.

I have just hadAn email from Bkool saying my video route has been published. Here's the link if anyone wants to see or have a go.

https://my.bkool.com/profile/detail/8898392
It is a bit dark and also not the nicest , but I thought I would give it a go anyway. May try it out later
Hey!! I thought for sure I would be able to take a screenshot of me having the record.. I’m going to be late for work just to do it...

Attachments

• 916C2600-7D6C-481F-AFA9-FD88563AB346.png
    916C2600-7D6C-481F-AFA9-FD88563AB346.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 6

Mark68

Über Member
Just done the Birdsall ride and found it to be quite tough. Weird though, as when i do it for real it doesn't seem that bad. It is still a good workout though.
One thing I did notice and to bear in mind if anyone does have a go is the video is about 10 seconds ahead so keep an eye for the hills coming up.. Also I must have forgotten top take the telemetry away from the Garmin video editor as it seems to have added it.

I will try and have another go at creating a video from Rosedale village up to the top of chimney bank. Or maybe not. Will do one from Hutton le Hole to Rosedale village. That is definately one to try. I will use my GoPro for the video as it has a better quality video.

I have just looked at my strava power curve and there has been a steady slope the wrong way from the 2nd week of June. It is steadily heading south.:sad:.

Mark68

Über Member
Hey!! I thought for sure I would be able to take a screenshot of me having the record.. I’m going to be late for work just to do it...

Sorry I just wanted to see what it was like. Will let you know next time I do one then you can have first crack.

What did you guys think of the route anyway?

shimceltic

Veteran
Sorry I just wanted to see what it was like. Will let you know next time I do one then you can have first crack.

What did you guys think of the route anyway?
Good varied route. The 1st indoor I've done for ages! If you get a garmin ride approved let me know what software you used to edit

Top Bottom