Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry I just wanted to see what it was like. Will let you know next time I do one then you can have first crack.

What did you guys think of the route anyway?
It was great with the hills and level a good mix. You were a little close to the grey van! At one point a black car passes a little too close. But again you guys are very lucky to live where you do. In the next one try to stop for coffee and scones halfway and it would be perfect.

Attachments

• E7C5977E-B5F9-4035-9F18-CA2410DDB44B.jpeg
    E7C5977E-B5F9-4035-9F18-CA2410DDB44B.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 5

Mark68

Über Member
It was great with the hills and level a good mix. You were a little close to the grey van! At one point a black car passes a little too close. But again you guys are very lucky to live where you do. In the next one try to stop for coffee and scones halfway and it would be perfect.
I will try. Speaking of scones that maybe part of my downfall. Since being at home more I have been making rather a lot of scones, oh and flapjack chocolate cake, choc chip cookies, more cake, etc etc etc.
Back to it on Sunday though for a couple of weeks then we will see what is happening with regards to summer lets.

Mark68

Über Member
Good varied route. The 1st indoor I've done for ages! If you get a garmin ride approved let me know what software you used to edit
Ok will do. I may just try another ride out which should be less busy and more open landscape.

I have just plotted another on Garmin connect that comes out at 19 miles with 348m of climbing. With the pace set at 15mph av speed it says it will take 1hr 16mins. It may be too long for the upload to Bkool so we will see. I have ridden that way before, but not for a while.
It is a lovely ride for pleasure so we will see if the video route is any good and if I can coordinate the camera and Garmin

shimceltic

Veteran
I'll keep away from that then. I have used some Hi5 last time, the citrus mix and that was quite nice. Just have to remember to brush teeth after. My dentist warned me.
The normal sis stuff is good, the indoor stuff not so good. I prefer namedsport products

Mark68

Über Member
I'm hoping to do tonight's 5pm featured ride if anyone wants to pass me!
Just got back from a rwr. I recorded it and started my edge hopefully at the same time. It's a bit lumpy but scenary is lovely. It's about an hour or so. My battery in the GoPro ran out as I hadn't charged it fully which is a shame.
Still an hour is enough as the video will be a large enough file as it is. Think I will have to compress it to be approved. May have a go this evening.
Going out with kids and dog for a walk so will see what time I am back. I may join you

shimceltic

Veteran
Just got back from a rwr. I recorded it and started my edge hopefully at the same time. It's a bit lumpy but scenary is lovely. It's about an hour or so. My battery in the GoPro ran out as I hadn't charged it fully which is a shame.
Still an hour is enough as the video will be a large enough file as it is. Think I will have to compress it to be approved. May have a go this evening.
Going out with kids and dog for a walk so will see what time I am back. I may join you
What software do you use to compress? My 1080p ride was way too large to be accepted

Mark68

Über Member
my go pro shows a small map of where I was but no gps information. Its annoying :smile:
I have been thinking about upgrading to the hero 8. It has built in GPS and it's got 100£ off ATM.
Thought I might sell mine then see.

I used the Garmin app to import gpx file and also to crop the video then the same app to compress it.
I did get the message about it being too large a file but sent it anyway.
I'll see what happens with my latest one

shimceltic

Veteran
I have been thinking about upgrading to the hero 8. It has built in GPS and it's got 100£ off ATM.
Thought I might sell mine then see.

I used the Garmin app to import gpx file and also to crop the video then the same app to compress it.
I did get the message about it being too large a file but sent it anyway.
I'll see what happens with my latest one
My hero 7 black supposedly has all the GPS Info

Top Bottom