Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark68

Über Member
That's tea nearly ready
received_638692860106064.jpeg

Mark68

Über Member
How about a picture of your bike setup? Handlebar bag and panniers?
Here goes , but it's from when I stopped for a sit of lunch and the bikes laying down. I'll try and remember when I leave. It's a Bob yak trailer

Sorry if offend folks, but why bring a new baby camping and why is it there's always kids kicking a ball next to my tent? Rather than further down the field where no-one else is 👺.
Apart from those niggles it's nice.

Here's a couple of piccies anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_20200803_134655.jpg
    IMG_20200803_134655.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200803_210917.jpg
    IMG_20200803_210917.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 10

BKIain

Blimey, that's only 7miles from me.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention, have just pre registered and await to see if it goes ahead!

AndyMacca

These cycle tours look great, back to nature and all that.I need to find one that's 'southern softie' compatible - wifi, aircon, shower, restaurant, comfy bed ... :laugh:

Actually people in 'my club' (too soon? well I've been on two rides with them - surely I'm a veteran now) have been talking about 2021 rides - anyone done the 'Chase the sun' before https://www.chasethesun.org/ that looks tough? 205miles phew! :wacko:

AndyMacca

In more Bkool related news, I bought some Garmin Vector 2 pedals for the road-bike - they were pretty cheap. TBH I never felt that my wattbike watts were never being reflected in the RWR Strava estimated Watts, which I guess you can put some down to crappy Strava algo's, my creaky £300 bike and my terrible positioning on the bike (generally too upright). Seeing some cheap Vector 2's on Ebay I took the plunge and have spent the last week playing about with them on the Wattbike. I of course was hoping that it would be the same watt output readings, but setting the Bkool source (and my head unit too) to the Vector's I was seeing 10% under on them, having read DCR's article on them I torqued them up better and perfected the calibration and now they're within around 5% - still a massive difference, if anything I expected the Garmins to be more generous having fewer drive-train losses. Reading about other Atom users experiences on TrainerRoad seems I'm not alone, there's a few people out there with issues worse than mine and 50% of them in the other direction - with the Atom reading under. I guess there's also a large group of silent users too who are happy or oblivious. Of course my one comparison isn't very scientific but I'll still follow up with WB to see if there's anything that can be done re. calibration - however in the mean time just holding my hand up to say, I've probably got around 12-15 free watts in races. :wahhey:'perma-dust' 😄

AndyMacca

I thought the watt bike was accurate, or is the Bkool not interpreting the correct output?
Yeah I thought it should be too, it's so consistent between rides it's great for training but it seems it's consistently generous in my case. I'm comparing the Garmin Connect data with the Wattbike Hub data so I've removed Bkool from the equation. I think we'll all end up on Neo's. :laugh:

Top Bottom