Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
Managed to get a flight from Manchester, bit more cash and had to make up the difference

keithaitch

Veteran
Looking forward to tonight’s battle 👍

About as much as being led up a flight of steps to find a guillotine waiting 🙃
Reminds me of the Geriant quote, "some days you're the hammer, some days you're the nail." i suspect this evening you may be more executioner than condemned man. Nice choice of last meal though @shimceltic! The actual quote from Thomas ends with "Today I was a crappy Ikea nail"

Last edited:

AndyMacca

Tonight is going to be epic:biggrin: if there's a strong group working together then there's no point going off the front, better to stay together until the climb. This is where @berty bassett and @keithaitch will break out as a pair (unless @perswe can face it again or @AAAC 76C joins). It's who can do the best fake grimacing, tuck in behind the other and hold a sprint for the end. But will it be enough to wrest the overall stage victory from @perswe ?
... and the less likely slower version: the B-team manage to get a break on the descent, work together extra hard knowing that the mountain goats will chase us all the way but that glorious long flat evens us out and by taking turns (unlike the A-team who keep looking around) we manage to hold them off till they catch us near the top of the climb leaving us with a massed sprint of exhausted people and it's anyone's.:heat:
and then there's what really happens... :laugh:

AndyMacca

I think it will be harder to stay in the group if Keith and berty are in it. Need to distance them again!
Yep it'll be impossible on that climb. Defo distancing is the B-team plan, I think it's going to be hard though, it'll need us all to be in a group at the bottom of the 1st descent and not all split up as there'll be no time to wait and regroup. I guess best bet is stay together till the drop and hit it really hard early on to create the break, build it on the descent then hope we've fragmented the chasing pack but somehow stayed together. Then the small matter of the leader averaging 330+ watts to stay with Per's ghost that's going to need some chain gang action.
This will all go to sh!t but nice to daydream.

perswe

Über Member
Tonight is going to be epic:biggrin: if there's a strong group working together then there's no point going off the front, better to stay together until the climb. This is where @berty bassett and @keithaitch will break out as a pair (unless @perswe can face it again or @AAAC 76C joins). It's who can do the best fake grimacing, tuck in behind the other and hold a sprint for the end. But will it be enough to wrest the overall stage victory from @perswe ?
... and the less likely slower version: the B-team manage to get a break on the descent, work together extra hard knowing that the mountain goats will chase us all the way but that glorious long flat evens us out and by taking turns (unlike the A-team who keep looking around) we manage to hold them off till they catch us near the top of the climb leaving us with a massed sprint of exhausted people and it's anyone's.:heat:
nahh...I'll stick to the wine instead. Looks like it's going to be epic! Remember not to go too fast on any part of the route..best if you start slow and keep it like that. Slow is the new black.

keithaitch

Veteran
Great read, I'm just hoping to be able to catch you guys early after the drop and not have to do the amount of work i had to do on Thursday otherwise that climb at the end will be of no advantage, coffins climb notoriously slowly.

keithaitch

Veteran
Motivation...
One of i better my time
Two of i beat @AndyMacca, ghost And real
All three if i beat @perswe

Attachments

• IMG_20201121_164647.jpg
    IMG_20201121_164647.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom