Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rod McG

Über Member
Other end of the country for me. I don't know much about the area but I am sure they have plenty of gravel tracks! The event looks well planned and hopefully will be a success. Probably wont get there myself but will enjoy hearing about it if anyone does.
I rode up the coast from where the ferry landed to Ayr. It was beautiful. You are lucky to live there. Not because of the natural beauty or great cycling opportunities but for the scones and great breakfasts.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member

BILL S

Guru

Hi Randy. I went there once for a days mountain biking with my brother. Its not bad but we found it a bit tame for the kind of routes we were doing those days. I seem to remember a bit of trail where you had to ride a high up narrow raised wooden trail (Northshore) and if you came off there you would plummet quite a distance. Apart from that, not quite as good as many of the other Scottish trails. However, if you fancy going there to race, I would be very happy to join you for the event. There's an over 50's category so we might be in with a chance. :whistle:
Although, if we put in a decent effort on our turbo's until then, then maybe we really wouldn't come in last place.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
League ride tonight at 6 PM UK. 12-13 minutes full gazz...

Hi Randy. I went there once for a days mountain biking with my brother. Its not bad but we found it a bit tame for the kind of routes we were doing those days. I seem to remember a bit of trail where you had to ride a high up narrow raised wooden trail (Northshore) and if you came off there you would plummet quite a distance. Apart from that, not quite as good as many of the other Scottish trails. However, if you fancy going there to race, I would be very happy to join you for the event. There's an over 50's category so we might be in with a chance. :whistle:
Although, if we put in a decent effort on our turbo's until then, then maybe we really wouldn't come in last place.
I got that in an email and it looked cool. Because of Covid British Air gave me credit for my Copenhagen flight. Its only $ 485. So who knows. I hope things get back to normal by then. We have just said if you're vaccinated you don't have to wear A mask. Sitka is over 70% vaccinated.

IF we made up a team it would be like an interview with a basketball player I heard who said he and Wilt Chamberlain combined for 102 points. Then the interviewed pointed out Chamberlain scored 100. You should combine with @berty bassett . Seriously you guys could win.

Edit: I did a mountain bike ride yesterday and I really suck at it. Most downhill scare the bejesus out of me.

Last edited:
@Brusgaard

I hope you didn't already spend the money.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210521-201111.png
    Screenshot_20210521-201111.png
    71 KB · Views: 8
Top Bottom