Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The new Bkool set up.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Good question. Out of the 8 I’ve submitted only 2 were good enough with the old set up. Maybe I’ll dig up the old laptop that has my VIRB recordings and try again.

Judging from the videos already uploaded, I don't think they evaluate the video quality much. I think they let almost anything pass.

The GPS data file however is somewhat checked. But as we know, some sudden stupid +20-50% spikes slips trough... So, contrary to popular belief, not even BKOOL is perfect. :laugh:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
In the olden days the requirements for video (screen dimensions and file size) meant that it was really difficult to get a video of a longish ride to fit the criteria without compression and severe post processing which introduces loads of artifacts ... I gave up :cry:

In the olden days the requirements for video (screen dimensions and file size) meant that it was really difficult to get a video of a longish ride to fit the criteria without compression and severe post processing which introduces loads of artifacts ... I gave up :cry:
Boy, you have some great ones. Thanks for persevering.

Hey @shimceltic , are you moving soon?

Just did an outside ride and when standing up on a hill I stripped my non drive side crank. After I took it apart I found out the last time I replaced the bottom bracket I left a thin spacer on the drive side. It kept the splines from fully engaging. I am thinking about going with SRAM Rival Cranks because they have fewer bigger splines. I don’t trust the 105 crank I stripped. But a lesson with the shimano. Carry the crank arm tool.

Attachments

• 6D88C58C-FAAA-4065-A7D9-CC2D84987E9E.jpeg
    6D88C58C-FAAA-4065-A7D9-CC2D84987E9E.jpeg
    115.9 KB · Views: 4
  • FACC0E76-A24A-4189-A202-A6C8D7591A0E.jpeg
    FACC0E76-A24A-4189-A202-A6C8D7591A0E.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 36FDCAF2-10E5-45E7-B40C-460A1825CF1C.jpeg
    36FDCAF2-10E5-45E7-B40C-460A1825CF1C.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 4
Just replace the complete front crank with a new 105 R7000 set. Will set you back around 150 euro. The swap is easy.
Thanks. I'm looking at the FSA also. I have an old Sram Apex that is pretty beat up. You're right getting the new 105 would be the easiest. The place I use out of Portland for road bike parts (the local shop is mostly Mtb) has them on back order.

Edit: Just ordered an FSA and a ninja threaded bottom bracket. The Wheels mtg one worked great but the one I need for this crank is on backorder.. I hope the ninja is the same. I like the fewer, bigger splines on the FSA.

Last edited:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
After six months of being on shifts I have finally managed to settle my sleep pattern in that I am not constantly knackered when I finish work on earlies or hyper when I finish on lates.
In that six months I have gained 4kg which for me is quite a weight shift, but not a big as the one when I stopped smoking.
That 4kg has gone straight onto my midrift and assuming I have lost some muscle mass it is more like to be 6 to 8 kg.
Being a bean pole that extra weight is beginning to look like an early term pregnancy, which I am sure it's not.
Anyway as a result of all this it's time to get the turbo out and 'get some in'.
What are you guys upto nowadays when it comes to indoor riding as I know this is the off season for that and I don't see any leagues on the go?

Top Bottom