Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

microkid

@shimceltic

I don't know if you've thought about the long term consequences of running Formula 1 tires. It not just the expense of buying them but the ongoing cost of the required pit crew to change them out. On the plus side I think they will also clean your Sagan glasses.
Don't forget F1 tyres only work at high temperatures, so you'll need to ride very, very fast :laugh:

shimceltic

Veteran
@shimceltic
43 miles and a ton of PRs. The tires must be OK.
The PRs where before and after I joined my slow mate, apart for a pb on the steep bit of cow and calf.

With its older brother!

BILL S

Guru
Well that's my bkool subscription temporarily suspended as I want to spend the summer this year out in the RW and I think bkool will be a distraction from that. I really need to put in the hours. Did some very nice mountainbiking this weekend and now want to do much more.

TBH I hope that @Randyberlin will really team up with me for this or another event (Puffer 24). These can be amazing events to go to and even doing one lap and being a part of the whole thing makes it worth going to. Like doing the DD but potential far more pain and discomfort. If you can't make it this year Randy then maybe another. I'm really liking the mountain bike now because its so comfortable compared to my road bikes.:smile:

Well that's my bkool subscription temporarily suspended as I want to spend the summer this year out in the RW and I think bkool will be a distraction from that. I really need to put in the hours. Did some very nice mountainbiking this weekend and now want to do much more.

View attachment 591453

TBH I hope that @Randyberlin will really team up with me for this or another event (Puffer 24). These can be amazing events to go to and even doing one lap and being a part of the whole thing makes it worth going to. Like doing the DD but potential far more pain and discomfort. If you can't make it this year Randy then maybe another. I'm really liking the mountain bike now because its so comfortable compared to my road bikes.:smile:

Wild Bill S,

This year is definitely out. The only role I would even remotely consider would be the pit crew. I think a 100% Scot team would give you an advantage. So what about it @Rod McG . ?
When mountain biking it scares me. From everything I've read to be good, it takes the two things I lack, the power to crank up steep climbs and the boldness to commit to a decent. The rides I've done I end up walking the bike as much as riding it. Last year the local trail works started building single track loops off of the main trail and I haven't had the guts to try them.
I have to get back to Scotland.

Attachments

• 8947C104-98AA-4ED6-967D-197A726AD54B.jpeg
    8947C104-98AA-4ED6-967D-197A726AD54B.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 7

Rod McG

Über Member
Wild Bill S,

This year is definitely out. The only role I would even remotely consider would be the pit crew. I think a 100% Scot team would give you an advantage. So what about it @Rod McG . ?
When mountain biking it scares me. From everything I've read to be good, it takes the two things I lack, the power to crank up steep climbs and the boldness to commit to a decent. The rides I've done I end up walking the bike as much as riding it. Last year the local trail works started building single track loops off of the main trail and I haven't had the guts to try them.
I have to get back to Scotland.
I have been encouraged to consider the Puffer24 in the past. Undoubted discomfort, and tiredness make me very keen to avoid it! I also am getting out on the MTB with a focus on enjoyment rather than fast and scary descents! Pushing the bike is no problem for me! Looking forward to a summer of exploring on both types of bikes IRL.

BILL S

Guru
Seems to me the three of us (and anyone else wanting to join) could do Relentless 24 in October 2022. With Randy as Pit Crew and Rob & I out on the trail doing laps as a team of 2. I reckon we can win the over 50's category which is apparently (for a team of 2 would be combined age over 100). There is also combined age of over 120 or over 60 for solos. We'd very likely win one of those tbh as long as we put in the training.
Not really being that serious about this but if you guys wanted to give it a go I'd probably be up for it.

Seems to me the three of us (and anyone else wanting to join) could do Relentless 24 in October 2022. With Randy as Pit Crew and Rob & I out on the trail doing laps as a team of 2. I reckon we can win the over 50's category which is apparently (for a team of 2 would be combined age over 100). There is also combined age of over 120 or over 60 for solos. We'd very likely win one of those tbh as long as we put in the training.
Not really being that serious about this but if you guys wanted to give it a go I'd probably be up for it.
I will not rule it out at this point. As a pit crew I may run out of food and water even before your first lap.
Take a look at the faces of the riders on the start line. There is only one person smiling and it looks more like a maniacal grin... Brutal.

https://www.nofussevents.co.uk/events/relentless-24-2019-oc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210602-055039.png
    Screenshot_20210602-055039.png
    432.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

BILL S

Guru
I will not rule it out at this point. As a pit crew I may run out of food and water even before your first lap.
Take a look at the faces of the riders on the start line. There is only one person smiling and it looks more like a maniacal grin... Brutal.

https://www.nofussevents.co.uk/events/relentless-24-2019-oc
The other possibility is that he just hasn't ever done it before so doesn't know what he's letting himself in for. Or he's in a team of 4.
So that's two probable's at the moment and a maybe :laugh:

Top Bottom