Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
@Randyberlin happy 4th July, are you watching the hotdog eating competition from coney Island?

Did you guys see @Brusgaard real life race?
https://www.strava.com/activities/5572895886
Not very often we see real life rides same power as online ones. Brilliant.👍
Tight group only 6 minutes in top 25 after an hour and 45 minutes of racing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210705-120042.png
    Screenshot_20210705-120042.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 8

AndyMacca

Impressive! I've never even tried to put any intense effort outside the garage and would struggle over 3o mins.
I'm the same, I'm toast after 30mins, only managed 200w for 90mins yesterday but I know my fitness has dropped a lot this year.

I think the local TT's need a new guy for last place so I might have a look at doing one of them sometime 😊

shimceltic

Veteran
I'm the same, I'm toast after 30mins, only managed 200w for 90mins yesterday but I know my fitness has dropped a lot this year.

I think the local TT's need a new guy for last place so I might have a look at doing one of them sometime 😊
Your real world rides seem good watts over an hour, mine are more 3 or 4 hours chatting! I'm dreading Thursdays already for the initial mental sprints.

AndyMacca

Your real world rides seem good watts over an hour, mine are more 3 or 4 hours chatting! I'm dreading Thursdays already for the initial mental sprints.
I seem to have found some road legs at the expense of power, maybe it's a position thing? I can generally cycle at 20/21mph now (which I couldn't before) but my avg power is rarely over 200w. I'm going to need to mix it up a bit more as like you I'm dreading the threshold efforts holding 280w for 30mins.

Morning @AndyMacca,
Thanks for letting me virtually join your club ride. It is kind of weird that even though I know it wouldn't make any difference if I rode even slower, I'm driven to try to keep up with the chain gang. I'm also a little embarrassed that I didn't spend as much time in the front doing my part. Hey wait, that would be you!!
I had replaced my rear derailleur cable and the shifting kept jumping so didn't get very far. After my coffee this morning and adjusting the cable,this I'm going back to Virtual UK and see how much time you and I spend at the front.
Thanks for the ride. It makes me want to try again. I'll charge up the Virb in case it stops raining this weekend.

I seem to have found some road legs at the expense of power, maybe it's a position thing? I can generally cycle at 20/21mph now (which I couldn't before) but my avg power is rarely over 200w. I'm going to need to mix it up a bit more as like you I'm dreading the threshold efforts holding 280w for 30mins.
Man sorry I said anything. After mile 4 we are taking too much on the front! What are the yellow things on the stems of some of the riders?

Attachments

• BE8F6E2C-49C4-405C-9972-65E2340A88D0.jpeg
    BE8F6E2C-49C4-405C-9972-65E2340A88D0.jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 4

AndyMacca

Man sorry I said anything. After mile 4 we are taking too much on the front! What are the yellow things on the stems of some of the riders?
Most riders (including me) have a yellow rubber duck on their handlebars, they squeak so you can let people know you're there well that's what they said. Anyhow either that or we're victims of a practical joke. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184550451380?hash=item2af81068b4:g:9a4AAOSwtDNfvMyE
It was my first time in the chain gang so I was all over the place, off the front, sitting out to the side, out the back lol, I was so scared of touching someone's wheel I didn't draft well at all. This was the ride https://www.strava.com/activities/5162266352
Really good fun and I try to join them whenever I can. I actually 'won' the finish straight sprint this week but TBH it was because only 2 others turned up.
:laugh:
Yes definitely do more video rides, your scenery is so much nicer than ours. 👍

Top Bottom