Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Most riders (including me) have a yellow rubber duck on their handlebars, they squeak so you can let people know you're there well that's what they said. Anyhow either that or we're victims of a practical joke. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184550451380?hash=item2af81068b4:g:9a4AAOSwtDNfvMyE
It was my first time in the chain gang so I was all over the place, off the front, sitting out to the side, out the back lol, I was so scared of touching someone's wheel I didn't draft well at all. This was the ride https://www.strava.com/activities/5162266352
Really good fun and I try to join them whenever I can. I actually 'won' the finish straight sprint this week but TBH it was because only 2 others turned up.
:laugh:
Yes definitely do more video rides, your scenery is so much nicer than ours. 👍
Way way too much time on the front now. I thought they were ducks but some had different colors so I thought like TDF they were awards. Plus the guy in the red socks signaled to stop for coffee fe at mile 9 and nobody stopped!

Last edited:

AndyMacca

Way way too much time on the front now. I thought they were ducks but some had different colors so I thought like TDF they were awards. Plus the guy in the red socks signaled to stop for coffee fe at mile 9 and nobody stopped!
I always want coffee but they never stop, luckily there's another club which does rides on Sunday that loves cake and coffee, we're a bit slower but much more fun. 🍩🥨🍰☕☕☕

AndyMacca

Heat and lack of exercise the past month.
It's funny that we're fitter in the Winter :laugh:
This year I'm trying to do more outside, there's a ride coming up called the 'hardest hundred' (there are a few versions and we went for the Kent one which is clearly not the hardest :whistle:) which for some reason we signed up for, it'll still be a challenge so gotta keep on it.I'm off out for a very gentle ride now, probably Z2 max, I feel spent after yesterday.
Keep pedalling @shimceltic the fitness will quickly return.

shimceltic

Veteran
It's funny that we're fitter in the Winter :laugh:
This year I'm trying to do more outside, there's a ride coming up called the 'hardest hundred' (there are a few versions and we went for the Kent one which is clearly not the hardest :whistle:) which for some reason we signed up for, it'll still be a challenge so gotta keep on it.I'm off out for a very gentle ride now, probably Z2 max, I feel spent after yesterday.
Keep pedalling @shimceltic the fitness will quickly return.
I said that to my mates. Few months ago I was flying. Outside opportunities have been few for me this year for various reasons and I'm not going in the garage in this heat.
Good luck on the 100

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Bkool needing new specs to run from September, wonder how different it will look
Probably not much, but I guess the 3D/video thing used in the virtual Giro, will require some extra power?

The "future" PC minimum specs is what I used when I started on BKOOL back in 2014 (except Win10 of course). :smile:
Currently on an AMD Ryzen 3300X CPU, 16GB RAM and the same old 6GB GTX1060 GPU. Hope to upgrade the GPU in my "office" computer soon (as in when the GPU prices return to normal), so the RTX2060 can be put to use in the bike computer. :okay:

shimceltic

Veteran
Probably not much, but I guess the 3D/video thing used in the virtual Giro, will require some extra power?

The "future" PC minimum specs is what I used when I started on BKOOL back in 2014 (except Win10 of course). :smile:
Currently on an AMD Ryzen 3300X CPU, 16GB RAM and the same old 6GB GTX1060 GPU. Hope to upgrade the GPU in my "office" computer soon (as in when the GPU prices return to normal), so the RTX2060 can be put to use in the bike computer. :okay:
I got a gaming laptop 6 years ago and bkool and rgt run to top spec!

Last edited:
Top Bottom