Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
I already have a bike stand from Lidl. Cost me less than £50 I think. I bought it like 6-7 years ago.
Yeah I have a stand also. Like his thing as it just folds out of the way.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I misread what he was asking. I though he was asking once the cassette was installed did you need tools to put the bike on the trainer.

Ok :smile: Does his bike have thru axle (disc wheel) or “Old School“ Quick release (rim brakes)?
If TA, he better check for compatability with the NEO beforehand. I think some frames and/or thru axles can cause problems with the NEO (and other trainers).

Last edited:
Ok :smile: Does his bike have thru axle (disc wheel) or “Old School“ Quick release (rim brakes)?
If TA, he better check for compatability with the NEO beforehand. I think some frames and/or thru axles can cause problems with the NEO (and other trainers).
He has a beautiful Emonda SL7 disc with force etap. So thru axles I'm sure.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
He has a beautiful Emonda SL7 disc with force etap. So thru axles I'm sure.

Force eTap != Ultegra. That one uses an XD-R body, not the standard Shimano/SRAM body supplied with the NEO.
Good luck fitting a 105 cassette to that. :laugh:

If not Ultegra, as he stated, forget about all the tools I ”linked” to, as those are probably only suitable for 9-11 speed Shimano and SRAM non-XD(-R) groups.

Last edited:

shimceltic

Veteran
I've got a specialized tarmac with ultegra that I was gonna use on it. Haven't been on it since I got the trek. Was planning to use it as "winter bike" anyway.

Top Bottom