Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BILL S

Guru
Any hints on how to attack stage 7, is just fly and keep flying?

If you challenge me you'll be in with a big bunch of elite bots and quite a few much slower ghosts. The elite bots stick together but in two fast groups. The fast bots head off fairly leisurely and I'm easily staying with them until the first hill where they leave me behind and I'm left with some much slower bots and ghosts. The fast bots finish a couple of minutes ahead of me.
If you set off with the elite bots and stayed behind them cruising for the first half or three quarters you'd be fairly fresh to put in a good fast finish and try to pull a good lead over the bots.
No idea how all those bots got into my session.:huh:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
No, I went off at a 'normal' push looking to get on your wheel. Didn't see you shoot off up the road. By then it's too late - couldn't ever bridge that 20+ second gap and by the end all the chasing took its toll.

I was being dropped like a lead balloon again on the 3-5% sections ... everyone just flying past me. We'd then get to the flatter sections and i'd go past them again and pull away. Very strange. i'd hit the small inclines doing maybe 240 watts, and push up to 280watts. And despite that, riders were zooming past and creating 8-10 second leads in the matter of a few seconds. :wacko:

Same happens to me regularly - this evenings ride was a perfect example. I push as hard as I can on 3-5% rises but ultimately I can't sustain it. Others then blast past me. Both yours and my efforts on that course are almost the same. The only difference - I stole a march on you and managed the gap. At my current fitness level, I couldn't offer more without causing myself harm.

At least you improved your time whortmiester.. :thumbsup:

BILL S

Guru
Very decent by the looks of it Bill. Well done mate.

Cheers Tommy. I'd recommend challenging me when you do it as you'll be able to draft me most of the way then put in a good sprint near the end. There's no where that I'm putting out a lot of power as I took it steady, so should be quite feasible.

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Cheers Tommy. I'd recommend challenging me when you do it as you'll be able to draft me most of the way then put in a good sprint near the end. There's no where that I'm putting out a lot of power as I took it steady, so should be quite feasible.
Yeah, add my ghost as well. I went steady most of the way but drafting is so much easier!
With your power at the end (as I found out on Tuesday) you can hammer the last 500m and get a really fast time.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Same happens to me regularly - this evenings ride was a perfect example. I push as hard as I can on 3-5% rises but ultimately I can't sustain it. Others then blast past me. Both yours and my efforts on that course are almost the same. The only difference - I stole a march on you and managed the gap. At my current fitness level, I couldn't offer more without causing myself harm.

At least you improved your time whortmiester.. :thumbsup:
I thought i saw the same with you .... when my speed dropped and peeps shot past, our difference was the same. I wonder if it's a 'ghost' thing? Maybe the ghost aren't really riding the course exactly as they did, but maybe they are riding it at their average Watts per section? Would certainly explain why at times tonight I was shooting past @Breedon, and others he was shooting past me, but my power wasn't changing that much and I bet he wasn't doing a fartlek session!

LBHIFI

Veteran
Pep would do well to beat Artanenc even with his dodgy power readings! I think LB should have a go at stage 7 and put up a silly time just to dick pep off...
Tempting, but unfortunately Bkool doesn't allow my Tacx Satori to do league sessions.
The Satori only has manual resistance, but it delivers power, speed and cadence so I can't see why it shouldn't be allowed.
Maybe they have a software glitch :whistle: and decided that the easiest way to handle this type of trainer, was not to handle it.

LBHIFI

Veteran
Fixed my Pro with some epoxy-like metal glue :wahhey:.
The stepper motor shaft snapped in a favorable place and there was enough surface contact for the glue to work.

I was not sure it would work so I picked up a brand new Bkool Pro on my way home from work. It's supposably a 2017 version which should:

- be more quiet
- have a more stable "engine"
- have build-in bluetooth

Very tempted to keep it.

Last edited:
I expected you to shoot off and thus my early effort. Once in the top three, it was all a about trying to manage the gap. Randy's ghost absolutely bombed past me - I think he was on LB's bike.. :eek:

The last half mile was a real struggle keeping @Goldwolfie away.

I'm hoping to do CG tomorrow at 5 if my legs have recovered.. hope to see you there.

:cheers:
That must be an old ghost. I've been working out of town and don't get back until tomorrow afternoon so I'll miss the rerun.

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Fixed my Pro with some epoxy-like metal glue :wahhey:.
The stepper motor shaft snapped in a favorable place and there was enough surface contact for the glue to work.

I was not sure it would work so I picked up a brand new Bkool Pro on my way home from work. It's supposably a 2017 version which should:

- be more quiet
- have a more stable "engine"
- have build-in bluetooth

Very tempted to keep it.

Well done LB!
The wonders of modern epoxy's.

You are also in an enviable position of being able to compare 2 different units.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
That must be an old ghost. I've been working out of town and don't get back until tomorrow afternoon so I'll miss the rerun.
Yes, there were quite a few old ghosts to choose from. for Gw, I chose his Tuesday ghost at just over 29 mins but also a faster ghost, which kept Jim pushing to the line :laugh:

Top Bottom