Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
You guys seen the new Bkool direct drive turbo trainer they are releasing? Like a cheap Kickr, with a built in power meter and able to simulate up to 20% gradients? Looks interesting, or am I mentioning something you guys have already discussed to death?
Yeah seen it and discussed it a bit. Looks interesting but very different to anything else and to be honest I'm not sure I would trust bkool to pull it off successfully. They cocked up the launch of it apparently.....

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
Cheap does not mean good value though.... and this is bkool... what could go possibly wrong?
Might not mean good value, but it strengthens my case when I go up in front of the H.I.D. accounts department, if I can show how much cheaper than a Kickr it is. I think my curiosity will get the better of me too.
I am very much a once bitten, twice bitten kinda guy.

AAAC 76C

Large Member
More like we'll let you know when we have designed the insides.

upload_2018-1-21_22-30-16.png

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Here is a clue.
They don't know how much noise it makes!

View attachment 392614

Don’t be so cynical aaac. At least the fact it has nothing but a cement block inside, provides it with ‘extra’ stability.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Might not mean good value, but it strengthens my case when I go up in front of the H.I.D. accounts department, if I can show how much cheaper than a Kickr it is. I think my curiosity will get the better of me too.
I am very much a once bitten, twice bitten kinda guy.

Save your money Adam! By the time they actually get around to releasing that thing you’ll probably be able to buy a hover board instead...

Reactions: Add

Daddy Pig

Veteran
Don’t be so cynical aaac. At least the fact it has nothing but a cement block inside, provides it with ‘extra’ stability.
The thing is that for the people who fork out £1,100 on this, then realise they can't compete on bkool on it, will they all hard off to zwiftland as well?

Bkool need to just bite the bullet and sort out the power issues and the base programming which allows these silly anomalies.

Edit. Evans cycles will stick it at the end of the month. Funny thing is the photo on the website promotes Zwift!

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
On noise alone the Tacx Neo is the purchase to make for when you train indoors, it really is that quiet. Saying something from a Kickr owner. What was nice about going back on my Kickr on Saturday, how much quieter it is than the Bkool Pro. Hearing damage compensation for those who constantly use the bkool Pro

Last edited:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Having tried both a NEO and V2 Kickr I would say there is not much in it now noise wise. The high pitched whine of the Kickr has gone. They ride pretty much the same too bar the built in sideways movement of the NEO.
Real problem with these is cost. I waited for Amazon to drop the price, as they do frequently, and was lucky and got the NEO for £830. Still v v spendy but sold the pro to make up some of the difference. Cancelled gym membership which made up much of the rest.
Don’t forget that Halfords will price match Amazon, offer an additional 10% off if you are lucky to BC members and offer IFC.

Top Bottom