Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Thanks, so no more fairy dust?

Only if you ride a Bkool Smart Bike. :smile: Well, not exactly "fairy dust" as they just report 20-30% too many watts in many races. BKOOL is looking into it in the near future, ETA for a solution is <insert random date> <insert random year>. :tongue:

Due to the new speed calculation based on watts, your previous times (and therefore ghosts) are of no use to compare your fitness.

Perky77

Only if you ride a Bkool Smart Bike. :smile: Well, not exactly "fairy dust" as they just report 20-30% too many watts in many races. BKOOL is looking into it in the near future, ETA for a solution is <insert random date> <insert random year>. :tongue:

Due to the new speed calculation based on watts, your previous times (and therefore ghosts) are of no use to compare your fitness.
Thanks @Brusgaard
Fantastic info

Brusgaard

Über Guru
A new official version of Bkool Simulator should be released early next week (probably Tuesday). it should correct some of the problems Bkool Pro users have experienced.

I remain sceptical, as none of the betas have helped, as far as I know...

Mark68

Über Member
So far i've found Bkool great although a bit too addictive. Problem is I seem to go on and not want to leave. Also i find i put more effort in than if i was out for real because my legs are suffering tonight. Anyone else find they seem to give it more beans on bkool

shimceltic

Veteran
So far i've found Bkool great although a bit too addictive. Problem is I seem to go on and not want to leave. Also i find i put more effort in than if i was out for real because my legs are suffering tonight. Anyone else find they seem to give it more beans on bkool
Yes

Marco72

Trainer Tyres!
just wanted to pop in a question about these. just wondering if anyone out there has experience with these and if they were worth it. I'm riding on a Tyre-Drive trainer (Tacx Bushido) and have seen them around and was just wondering if anyone on here had used them and if they were worth the investment or of i should just stick to the normal road tyre i currently have? Thanks in advance ^_^

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Trainer Tyres!
just wanted to pop in a question about these. just wondering if anyone out there has experience with these and if they were worth it. I'm riding on a Tyre-Drive trainer (Tacx Bushido) and have seen them around and was just wondering if anyone on here had used them and if they were worth the investment or of i should just stick to the normal road tyre i currently have? Thanks in advance ^_^

Hardly anyone recommend them - more opting for conti tyres... 4000 jacked up have been preferred.

keithaitch

Veteran
Yes, that's what keeps this thing alive. Its all about racing people on here we know and trying to beat or get beat and then later on getting revenge. It was going really well before the dark side robbed us of a lot of the competition, but as you say, it's getting better again, and should only improve further as we get back into the swing of it. I quite like the new sim as it is more realistic, even if its taken away most of the bkool pro super powers.
The "later on getting revenge" has me worried. I know you are playing the long game and that December, January and February are going to involve weekly humiliation just when I think I might win as you storm through with 500m to go, or put in some ridiculous dig 4kms out and stay away when we are relaxing ready for the big finish.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
I used the trainer tyre that came with the smart pro 2 as I thought normal tyres got shredded on trainers?

They do, but the extend depends on the compound. So far the best tyres for me on the Bkool Pro have been the Vredestein Fortezza Senso Xtreme Weather. Absolute minimal tyre-dust, and they go to 8,5 bar in the specs. Always use a worn down tyre, and be sure to remove flints etc. before putting it on the trainerwheel.

Which tyre to use of course also depends on the roller. I don’t know the Bushido’s, but the Pro’s is grooved metal.

Last edited:

microkid

Trainer Tyres!
Always use a trainer tyre. Normal road tyres are not built for the heat and friction that comes from the roller. Trainer tyres are.

Del C

Veteran
I’ll be starting the warmup at 5 PM tonight. All 10 stage 2 attempt ghosts added and some bots. :boxing:

Pizza ordered for delivery at 6 PM, so let’s hope everything goes according to plan, and I can get out of the shower before that. :smile:
Catching up with messages when I was on holiday last week, I thought you said you were riding your Tacx Neo on Bkool now. Is that correct? What happened to the Bkool Pro, as I thought you used to swap between them when you switched from Zwift to Bkool and vice versa?

The reason I'm asking is to see if you think the latest updates to the Bkool Sim have levelled the performance between Bkool and non-Bkool trainers?

I renewed my Bkool subscription for 3 months after the previous major update. I rode it with my Neo and thought it felt quite realistic, but it still didn't seem a level playing field. I rode against one of my ghosts from when I was using my Bkool Pro but got nowhere near the ghost.

If you think Bkool have now overcome that problem, I may give it another go. I'm very happy with Zwift, the variety of rides and the Cyclechat races, but I suppose like a lot of people I've got a slight soft spot for Bkool and wouldn't mind using it for a bit of variety and racing if its now a credible platform.

I have been using BigRing VR. The videos are good quality and quite varied, but the solo riding can get dull and a reliable Bkool might be a better option.

Top Bottom