Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithaitch

Veteran
All attempts from tonight have been approved, it's just taking the bkool server a while to update.

microkid

Looked at Dark's metrics. His power outage is quite high, sometimes over 400W. Average 464W. Almost 1.5x my power. So either he is a pro, able to produce this amount of power, or he is cheating somehow. Sadly there is no heartrate to verify his attempt.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Looked at Dark's metrics. His power outage is quite high, sometimes over 400W. Average 464W. Almost 1.5x my power. So either he is a pro, able to produce this amount of power, or he is cheating somehow. Sadly there is no heartrate to verify his attempt.

That, or his Air is just very generous... Unfortunately, he doesn’t show up on Strava, and uses a pseudonym on Bkool. So no way of guessing his name, or nationality for that matter...

Mark68

Über Member
Hello,

I got the new router all set up and all connected. I loaded Bkool at5.50 uk time and scrolled down to where I saw league and opened up what I though was the Thursday night session starting at 6 (In the League link). I clicked on cyclists to see who was there, but no names were showing. Oh well I'll come back in a few minutes I thought.. Checked back at 6 and still no names were showing. Maybe I was on the wrong session. Was it Col d Toullaeron I was supposed to ride? If so why could I not see anyone? I even started the ride but still no one there. Am I missing something?
In the end I gave up and joined another session which was Sydney Akuna. That was decent, but I was a bit miffed I missed riding with Brusgaard and all.

Any ideas what I did wrong? although I did click on Col d Toullaeron on the league link and saw Brusgaard on cooldown.

Sorry I'm a pain about this. Hopefully I will get it right one day

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Hello,

I got the new router all set up and all connected. I loaded Bkool at5.50 uk time and scrolled down to where I saw league and opened up what I though was the Thursday night session starting at 6 (In the League link). I clicked on cyclists to see who was there, but no names were showing. Oh well I'll come back in a few minutes I thought.. Checked back at 6 and still no names were showing. Maybe I was on the wrong session. Was it Col d Toullaeron I was supposed to ride? If so why could I not see anyone? I even started the ride but still no one there. Am I missing something?
In the end I gave up and joined another session which was Sydney Akuna. That was decent, but I was a bit miffed I missed riding with Brusgaard and all.

Any ideas what I did wrong? although I did click on Col d Toullaeron on the league link and saw Brusgaard on cooldown.

Warmup start a 6 pm, race at 6.10 pm. You have to search for Keith under ROUTES -> Filter. Starting a race from the Leagues section is ONLY if you want to do it at another time or YOU are the racemaster for the live session.

Normally the racemaster (today Keith) would start the warmup at 5.59. However, Keith was about a minute or two late today and didn’t start it before close to 6.01. Sh*t happens. :smile:

I don’t think you saw me doing a cooldown, as it lasted about 3 seconds today again. Did a 10 minute pootle on Zwift instead.

Last edited:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
oh ok. I will try again next week. hope you enjoyed your beers

Thanks, only one of them (The Secretary). Will save the rest for a later date. :okay:

keithaitch

Veteran
oh ok. I will try again next week. hope you enjoyed your beers
Mark, just to reiterate what @Brusgaard said, the ride that appears under the leagues heading allows you to do the weekly stage at any time that is convenient for you and have your time recorded in the league. If you want to join the group attempt at the stage you need to join the communal session that on Thursdays I start by searching for my name as per @Brusgaard instructions or the instructions I posted for you on page 3599 of this thread. Once I start the warm up, as close to 18:00 UK time as I can people then start to join the session and when the warm up ends at 18:10 we all start together. Hope this clarifies things.

microkid

The exact procedure is:

- Between 18:00 (UK time) when the warm up starts and 18:10 when the ride starts, start the simulator.
- then click on the hamburger button (the one with the three bars) in the centre to te left of the available rides
- click on search, then click on routes
- make sure "live competitions" at the top of the screen is selected
- then click on the filter button
- at User Nickname, enter Keith, click Accept
- one or more routes will popup
- click the first route, go to the Cyclists screen, check that Keith (cyclechat) is there. You might also see some other names that you might recognize from this forum.
- If so, press the yellow play button. This will take you to the session we are all in so we ride together.
- if Keith is not there, exit this route and check the other routes.

To join the ride at 18:10, notice the countdown timer at the right top of the screen. Make sure you stop pedalling before the timer hits zero, as you can only start the ride when your speed is 0.

shimceltic

Veteran
Hello,

As Brusgaard says don't click the league ride when it's a Thursday or Saturday when we tide together. Instead click the menu button then search routes. This will bring up whatever is happening at the time. Click filter and search for Keith or whoever is starting the Saturday rerun.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Hello,

what they all said..

AndyMacca

That, or his Air is just very generous... Unfortunately, he doesn’t show up on Strava, and uses a pseudonym on Bkool. So no way of guessing his name, or nationality for that matter...
After a bit of sleuthing - his profile says 'Bordeaux, France' and he's got a number of Bkool friends who are Elite too (some on Strava who are in the 350w plus club e.g.) so maybe for real...

Whilst we're talking about 'Sport Levels', how meaningful are they - there seems to be quite a spread across the league? FWIW I'm 83kg and FTP of 248w hence my 'Amateur 10'.

Top Bottom