Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shimceltic

Veteran
This week’s Sim update has put me back closer to reality. Just a little less watts on the climbs and a little more on the flats and downhill. It feels right.
My main struggle is the 2%-5% range anything above I drop to low gear and 100rpm! In them zones I can't find a happy medium

My main struggle is the 2%-5% range anything above I drop to low gear and 100rpm! In them zones I can't find a happy medium
The only problem I have now is on climbs over 5% my cadence drops in half. It doesn't seem to effect the speed of watts so not a big deal but I'm ordering a cadence sensor.

Edit: I mean the cadence display. I count manually and it is 1\2 of the real number. Like at 60 it shows 30.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191018-110353.png
    Screenshot_20191018-110353.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 4

Mark68

Über Member
Interesting on one of my rides yesterday in that it was a 40k session but I started to get hungry mid way through.. only thing was I was nowhere near the kitchen or fridge so couldn't get any food. Anyway as the ride continued I could see my watts slowly dropping for what seem more effort.
I have never been able to see that happening when riding outside.
Sometimess I have felt like i'm losing power when out but to actually see it happening on the screen I thought was interesting. The beauty of smart gear eh.

Or is it because I'm getting old, but in my head i'm still 25?

Moral of the story I guess is to take something top eat next time. And my legs still ache:sad:

shimceltic

Veteran
Interesting on one of my rides yesterday in that it was a 40k session but I started to get hungry mid way through.. only thing was I was nowhere near the kitchen or fridge so couldn't get any food. Anyway as the ride continued I could see my watts slowly dropping for what seem more effort.
I have never been able to see that happening when riding outside.
Sometimess I have felt like i'm losing power when out but to actually see it happening on the screen I thought was interesting. The beauty of smart gear eh.

Or is it because I'm getting old, but in my head i'm still 25?

Moral of the story I guess is to take something top eat next time. And my legs still ache:sad:
I'm still 18..... 🤪

shimceltic

Veteran
I couldn't join the live ride Thursday, so I'll be joining the ride at 5pm any idea who is starting it.
@Brusgaard?

Top Bottom