Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Note to self: getting an old rag into the drivetrain is an effective brake! :banghead:

Mark68

Über Member
My heart rate sensor wasn't working either. Hope it's the app in a way cos they're expensive. Maybe. I'll try and change the battery.

Got back from day at Fountains Abbey at 4.55 so thought id join in but when i finally got sorted you were all going so ended up joining a bit after it started.

One day i will get to start when all you guys start

Brusgaard

Über Guru
It didn't seem to slow you down, or was it at the beginning.

Yes, and it effectively cost me about 40-50 seconds from the time it happened till I was up to speed again. I did ride harder today, but had I known Mark would be ahead of me in the final ranking, I would have stepped up a bit on the last 2-3 km. At that point I was way ahead of my Thursday time and nowhere close to Keith and Dark, so I just kept it steady...

I have this old rag stuck in/between my two bottle cages to stop sweat dropping into the crank and front Di2 derailleur. Apparently it wasn't stuffed enough into the cages, and that power output at the start made it fall out and in between the chain and chainring. :sad:

It happened right here:

View: https://youtu.be/YtLija5kTUo?t=120

Last edited:

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
My heart rate sensor wasn't working either. Hope it's the app in a way cos they're expensive. Maybe. I'll try and change the battery.

Got back from day at Fountains Abbey at 4.55 so thought id join in but when i finally got sorted you were all going so ended up joining a bit after it started.

One day i will get to start when all you guys start

Like @Randyberlin said, just disconnect your HR from Bsim <in settings> and reconnect. I had to do it too. All works fine again noo

AndyMacca

Got Bkool talking to Tacx again after nearly 3 hours, the main cause was a new (second hand) Windows tablet i bought to mount on the bike. It just wouldn't talk to the Ant+ dongle occupying the solitary USB port seems the problem can be fixed by attaching a USB hub, looking back at it today this wasn't the end of the world as it hangs the dongle nearer the trainer. Last night though I lost the will to cycle and went for a Newcastle Brown and Old Speckled Hen which combined washed the tech woes away.

Garmin watch concludes my training currently is 'Unproductive' :laugh: Will try and catch up some km's today.

Out of the many videos I’ve tried to submit to BKOOL only 2 were good enough. But today one of them, 2F761931-6182-43D7-96E5-836E24FEF644.jpeg

Snow Canyon is one of the featured rides. Move over Alfred Hitchcock...

Top Bottom