Team BKool CycleChat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
Happy to see 20 people have taken part in the league so far this month. Annoyed (as ever?) with bkool that there is no easy way to get the 10 we don't know more integrated into the group. I might have to have another go at stage 1 as we can't have somebody we don't know leading our league. Perhaps I'll leave it until after the climbing stage or until after @AAAC 76C gets his engine warmed up.

Whilst you're on with them Keithy, can you get them to make the ghost in video mode transparent please? When I'm wheel sucking, I cant see the road ahead.

Ta :reading:

Whilst you're on with them Keithy, can you get them to make the ghost in video mode transparent please? When I'm wheel sucking, I cant see the road ahead.

Ta :reading:
I always turn off the big hexagonal blob. It would be nice to just have a small semi transparent box.
I take exception to your claim of not being good at climbing. The hundreds of miles you've spent trekking up the mountains has made you stronger. I kept out of the saddle last Saturday on the last hill to try to gain but you gained time on me.

Bored Man

Upstanding Member
I always turn off the big hexagonal blob. It would be nice to just have a small semi transparent box.
I take exception to your claim of not being good at climbing. The hundreds of miles you've spent trekking up the mountains has made you stronger. I kept out of the saddle last Saturday on the last hill to try to gain but you gained time on me.

I’m off out again later this week on a proper adventure-deepest Scottish wilderness and the odd mountain or two. It is true that my recent performances on Bkool have been better - the Kickr is also helping as my old pro was all over the place.

I look forward to you returning to your former self again.. I still hold you responsible for crunching a derailleur and fracturing a carbon seat stay.. 🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️🚴‍♀️😇

Marco72

Just putting one out there for those of you that are interested. Earlier tonight I found a map of the course for this year's ITT at the World Championships. After spending more time than i would like to admit (In my defense, the map from UCI wasnt all that great), built and uploaded a gpx file of the course onto the app, which should be getting put thru their 3D builder at the moment. I think its pretty accurate, might depend on which way they choose to go around the roundabout turns (UCI map didnt really show that much), but i got the distance right, the start and finish seem pretty close to the right spot, and the elevation profile seems pretty close ^_^

I just figured there might be a few of you that, like myself, are a bit curious about this years TT course and wouldnt mind having a look at it before watching it, just to get a bit of a feel for it. tho i would recommend that if you want to ride it, do it soon, before its on, so you at least have a few days to feel good about your time before the pros show up and beat the $%^& outta us LOL ^_^

Link:
https://my.bkool.com/profile/detail/9587241?durationType=DISTANCE&lapCount=1

if that doesnt work, it should show up if you search UCI2020 cos i put that as one word in the name so it would hopefully make it easier to find ^_^

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Tried CG S1 tonite.
Sitting nicely behind @keithaitch and then just a few km in it as Acid again.
Fek, shyt, fek!
All that time not cycling to get it under control and its clearly not.
I am going to try again on Thursday but take my Meds 1 hour before kick-off to see if that helps.
It must have taken a least 40 minutes to subside and when it goes it just goes.
I jokingly said to HID that I was going to get on with the rest of the ride, should have seen her face.

The feeling started at km 2.5 so I backed off and thought I would just ride this one in and didn't last much longer after that.

Attachments

• 1600191954517.png
    1600191954517.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 5
Tried CG S1 tonite.
Sitting nicely behind @keithaitch and then just a few km in it as Acid again.
Fek, shyt, fek!
All that time not cycling to get it under control and its clearly not.
I am going to try again on Thursday but take my Meds 1 hour before kick-off to see if that helps.
It must have taken a least 40 minutes to subside and when it goes it just goes.
I jokingly said to HID that I was going to get on with the rest of the ride, should have seen her face.

The feeling started at km 2.5 so I backed off and thought I would just ride this one in and didn't last much longer after that.
That explains the voodoo doll that Keith has.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200915-135900.png
    Screenshot_20200915-135900.png
    260.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

microkid

Anyone already took a look at Rouvy? I do like Bkool, but the video quality is just mediocre and you can't see your opponents in the video. Rouvy has all that: hd video and augmented reality. It's a kind of merge between Zwift and Bkool. Monthly price is the same. I might give it a try this winter...

Last edited:
Anyone already took a look at Rouvy? I do like Bkool, but the video quality is just mediocre and you can't see your opponents in the video. Rouvy has all that: hd video and augmented reality. It's a kind of merge between Zwift and Bkool. Monthly price is the same. I might give it a try this winter...
I now am using a Mac in my bike shed and the last time I looked it didn't run on IOS. I do have a new mini computer I could swap out and try.

keithaitch

Veteran
We checked it out last year, or the year before when bkool was particularly unstable and decided it offered only minimal advantages over bkool. Bkool has certainly got more stable than tyhen but I don't know what improvements Rouvy has made. I prefer bkool for the leagues, normal and handicap that we've organised here and BigRing VR has I believe the best video experience, HD and wide angle, last nights climb up the Madelaine was as beautiful as it was brutal. An hour and 40 minutes about twice as long as my bkool tolerance threshold, due to the quality of the video which makes the time pass much quicker.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
We checked it out last year, or the year before when bkool was particularly unstable and decided it offered only minimal advantages over bkool. Bkool has certainly got more stable than tyhen but I don't know what improvements Rouvy has made. I prefer bkool for the leagues, normal and handicap that we've organised here and BigRing VR has I believe the best video experience, HD and wide angle, last nights climb up the Madelaine was as beautiful as it was brutal. An hour and 40 minutes about twice as long as my bkool tolerance threshold, due to the quality of the video which makes the time pass much quicker.

I suggest you do this as warm up for tonight: https://my.bkool.com/profile/detail/9596623 :smile:

Top Bottom