Team Sky, Brailsford and doping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nordhaug fingers Rogers
In Norwegian - using google translator (so need some pinch of salt for accuracy) for one of the passages gives :
- For example, Michael Rogers who says he drugged himself earlier in his career, but he stopped in 2006. It's something I choose to believe, and I think many in the sport feel now. There are cyclists with a past, but they have accepted that they gave with it a few years ago.

I fear, and I hope I'm wrong, that my (and many others') favourite cyclist, Jens Voigt, may fall into this category. He's been around plenty long enough to have been involved. I've not read of any denials/admissions of guilt.

Hopefully he's just a clean and tough-as-nails cyclist.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
We know, and have done for years, that Rogers admitted to going to Ferrari but not that he'd admitted doping earlier in his career. I assumed something had been lost in translation as I'm not aware that MR has fessed up to anything other than getting limited training plans from Ferrari.

thom

____
We know, and have done for years, that Rogers admitted to going to Ferrari but not that he'd admitted doping earlier in his career. I assumed something had been lost in translation as I'm not aware that MR has fessed up to anything other than getting limited training plans from Ferrari.
That's as I heard it recently - a low cost training plan consultation. However much you want to believe it, it sounds implausible.
Nordhaug seems to be going a bit further now.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
That's as I heard it recently - a low cost training plan consultation. However much you want to believe it, it sounds implausible.
Nordhaug seems to be going a bit further now.
But Nordhaug implies that rogers has admitted earlier use of dope but I don't think he has so I'm not sure what he's implying.
As FM has said elsewhere, and as was said in the Ukranian rider's link you posted, it wasn't unheard of to get just training plans from Ferrari.

thom

____
But Nordhaug implies that rogers has admitted earlier use of dope but I don't think he has so I'm not sure what he's implying.
As FM has said elsewhere, and as was said in the Ukranian rider's link you posted, it wasn't unheard of to get just training plans from Ferrari.
Yeah it would be better to have a reliable translation - I kind of read it to mean Rogers had said something to him in person on this. You're right, it's not clear but for me there's a question-mark.

thom

____

Top Bottom