Tell you what I want, what I really really want

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G3CWI

Veteran
We get lots of posts from people with daft ideas for unnecessary products. I feel that I should add to the confusion. I see a need for a laser light thingy with cleverness so that it displays a line exactly 1.5 metres from the bike at all time (irrespective of the angle of the bike). This would (if implemented well) be a handy way of helping police to see if close passes recorded on video were, in fact, too close. Currently it’s rather hard for them to judge.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
We get lots of posts from people with daft ideas for unnecessary products. I feel that I should add to the confusion. I see a need for a laser light thingy with cleverness so that it displays a line exactly 1.5 metres from the bike at all time (irrespective of the angle of the bike). This would (if implemented well) be a handy way of helping police to see if close passes recorded on video were, in fact, too close. Currently it’s rather hard for them to judge.
Maybe this could be adapted in some way?

https://www.wish.com/product/5f1bfa...k9OiXJlw_32ry5byKn5UpRoCJckQAvD_BwE&share=web

Make the laser powerful enough to damage car paint and I'll arrange a meeting with Deborah Meaden and Duncan Bannatyne right now

DRM

Guru

View: https://youtu.be/oBnD6Gt0uVY

Reminds me of this video
I would like something similar for every range rover driver

I've long thought that this should be part of the HGV/Bus drivers lessons, and be on the CPC training.

OP
OP
G3CWI

G3CWI

Veteran
Maybe a dambusters solution? Red and green lasers with crossed beams at 1.5 metres to project on the side of the overtaking vehicle. Green in front = more than 1.5 metres, red in front = less than 1.5 metre, single brown spot = 1.5 metres.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
If this is to provide evidence for court, who would be responsible for adjustment and calibration?

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
G3CWI

G3CWI

Veteran
If this is to provide evidence for court, who would be responsible for adjustment and calibration?
No-one. But if it was good it would add to the photo evidence. At the moment, as far as I can tell here (Cheshire), the Police will only prosecute if you sign your name in the dust on the side of the overtaking vehicle. They do send warning letters which is a reasonable second best I guess.

Top Bottom