Tells us what cycling is coming up on TV....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
With 3 days to go, the BBC's cycling coverage page at http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/16233229 just says 'details of cycling coverage will appear here'.
According to Freeview EPG, Olympics 2016 (Day One) on BBC1, Sat 6 Aug 12:10pm-6:00pm includes the men's road race and Sun 1pm-6pm includes the women's road race. It only goes a week ahead, so wait a couple of days for TT details. Red Button service EPGs often change later, too.

Buddfox

Veteran
I've just seen that 8 BBC Olympic only channels have been added to the Sky EPG (Channels 473 - 480 from memory) so even if cycling is not on BBC1 or 2, it should be covered in its entirety on these channels.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
I've just seen that 8 BBC Olympic only channels have been added to the Sky EPG (Channels 473 - 480 from memory) so even if cycling is not on BBC1 or 2, it should be covered in its entirety on these channels.
961-968 on mine. At the moment everyone of them says the men's road race - but this would obviously change.

Postmanhat

Dwars door het Hageland. New Belgian one day race and looks a cracker with climbs, cobbles and dirt roads.

Live on Eurosport tomorrow (5th) from 1400

OP
OP
deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
In the first post of this thread there's a link to a calendar, also in my signature. (Tip: over on the right there's a couple of tabs. Choosing the ''week'' view makes it a lot easier to follow.) I've started adding Bike Channel live events but not the whole shebang. Since athleticsontv.org.uk stopped updating in June and Eurosport revamped their scheduling page, it's getting very difficult to go more than a couple of days ahead. It's also going to be difficult getting advance information on what the BBC will be doing with their coverage of the Olympics cycling events.

As I won't be able to get the channels up early, the BBC gives the times as:
Men's Road Race: Sat 6th Aug 13:30 - 19:57
Women's Road Race: Sun 7th Aug 16:15 - 20:21
Women's Individual Time Trial: Weds 10th Aug 12:30 - 13:46
Men's Individual Time Trial: Weds 10th Aug 14:00 - 17:00

Track:
Thurs 11th Aug:
Men's Team Sprint Qualifying 20:00 - 20:16
Women's Team Pursuit Qualifying 20:19 - 21:10
Men's Team Sprint 1st Round 21:10 - 21:23
Men's Team Pursuit Qualifying 21:23 - 22:19
Men's Team Sprint Finals 22:21 - 22:29
Friday 12th Aug:
Women's Team Sprint Qualifying 20:00 - 20:14
Men's Sprint Qualifying 20:14 - 20:50
Men's Team Pursuit 1st Round 20:52 - 21:17
Women's Team Sprint 1st Round 21:17 - 21:28
Men's Sprint 1/16 Finals 21:30 - 21:58
Women's Team Sprint Finals 22:00 - 22:08
Men's Team Pursuit Finals 22:20 - 22:50

I'll stick the later events up next week. Meanwhile, the BBC will be covering much of the above. The big question is where. It'll be a mix of BBC1, BBC2, BBC Red Button and BBC online live streams. The BBC won't know in advance which will be covering what, I suspect.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Men's road race 478 + 486 on Sky's television listings. Other sports including boxing on other channels. Women's RR same two channels.

aj101

If you've got virgin TV go to 601 (BBC news) and press down a few times and you'll see about 8 BBC Olympic channels suddenly pop up

Top Bottom