Tells us what cycling is coming up on TV....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Details of BBC red button coverage here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36908117

Screen Shot 2016-08-06 at 12.05.42.png

Men's RR is on BBC Olympics 1 from 1.20pm

Last edited:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
You could be right - I'm only going by what's showing on my EPG, which has the RR on Olympics 1 from 1.20pm to 6.30pm. I suspect these things are liable to change at short notice.

Last edited:

Buddfox

Veteran
I am utterly confused about what's on when. The BBC only seem to be broadcasting on BBC1 (& HD) and 4 (& HD).

I can only speak to Sky and Freest via a Sky box, but the 'red button' streams are all broadcasting as individual channels, in the 470s and 480s (either in HD or SD)

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I can only speak to Sky and Freest via a Sky box, but the 'red button' streams are all broadcasting as individual channels, in the 470s and 480s (either in HD or SD)
I'm with freeview but thanks.

Mike_P

Guru
I am utterly confused about what's on when. The BBC only seem to be broadcasting on BBC1 (& HD) and 4 (& HD).
You may need to new a retune of your tv / box to get it pick up the extra channels (assuming you have Sky / Freesat / Freeview HD / Virgin / Youview)

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
You may need to new a retune of your tv / box to get it pick up the extra channels (assuming you have Sky / Freesat / Freeview HD / Virgin / Youview)
I did before the race started. Oh well, I've found it on the BBC sport app on the TV so I'll stick with that. Quality isn't as good but it's better than from the TdF!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I did before the race started. Oh well, I've found it on the BBC sport app on the TV so I'll stick with that. Quality isn't as good but it's better than from the TdF!
Apparently you only get the full range of BBC Olympics channels if your receiver can get Cbeebies HD.

TdF was in HD this year, so not sure what you're saying there. The Vuelta will probably be a surprising step backwards as usual, though ;)

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Apparently you only get the full range of BBC Olympics channels if your receiver can get Cbeebies HD.

Which for Freeview means i) the receiver/tv needs to have a DVB-T2 tuner (only in equipment manufactured during last 6-7 years or so) and ii) the transmitter the aerial is pointing at needs to be transmitting them.

I have a DVB-T2 Freeview receiver, but unfortunately the transmitter ain't transmitting them. And it frequently loses BBC4HD during periodic retunes for some reason.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
www.ukfree.tv can be useful for sifting through the mess of what's transmitting what to you on free view and how you might be able to stroke your TV into it.

www.lyngsat.com can do the same for free sat if you don't mind using the "add channels" or "transponder scan" functions of the receiver.

Anyway, the women are off! BBC Olympics 1 and HD 1, so maybe more widespread coverage than some.

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Bike Channel will have live coverage of the Tour of Britain. Hopefully Matt Rendell will not be commentating - It was intriguing to here him describing Adam Yates as riding in yesterdays Vuelta a Burgos !

Top Bottom