1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tells us what cycling is coming up on TV....

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by deptfordmarmoset, 17 Dec 2012.

1. coffeejo

coffeejo Ælfrēd

I'm with freeview but thanks.

2. Mike_P

Mike_P Über Member

You may need to new a retune of your tv / box to get it pick up the extra channels (assuming you have Sky / Freesat / Freeview HD / Virgin / Youview)

3. coffeejo

coffeejo Ælfrēd

I did before the race started. Oh well, I've found it on the BBC sport app on the TV so I'll stick with that. Quality isn't as good but it's better than from the TdF!

4. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Apparently you only get the full range of BBC Olympics channels if your receiver can get Cbeebies HD.

TdF was in HD this year, so not sure what you're saying there. The Vuelta will probably be a surprising step backwards as usual, though ;)

5. Foghat

Foghat Veteran

Which for Freeview means i) the receiver/tv needs to have a DVB-T2 tuner (only in equipment manufactured during last 6-7 years or so) and ii) the transmitter the aerial is pointing at needs to be transmitting them.

I have a DVB-T2 Freeview receiver, but unfortunately the transmitter ain't transmitting them. And it frequently loses BBC4HD during periodic retunes for some reason.

6. mjr

www.ukfree.tv can be useful for sifting through the mess of what's transmitting what to you on free view and how you might be able to stroke your TV into it.

www.lyngsat.com can do the same for free sat if you don't mind using the "add channels" or "transponder scan" functions of the receiver.

Anyway, the women are off! BBC Olympics 1 and HD 1, so maybe more widespread coverage than some.

Last edited: 7 Aug 2016
  7. Mike_P

Mike_P Über Member

Bike Channel will have live coverage of the Tour of Britain. Hopefully Matt Rendell will not be commentating - It was intriguing to here him describing Adam Yates as riding in yesterdays Vuelta a Burgos !

8. mjr

Ah but he did realise and start making fun of himself a bit! But they really should give him someone to talk to...

9. brommers

brommers Years beyond my wisdom

And Orica Greenedge

10. brommers

Arctic Race of Norway starts Thursday 2pm Eurosport

11. brommers

Eurosport also showing highlights of the spring classics on Wednesday afternoon

12. Mike_P

Mike_P Über Member

brommers likes this.
  13. brommers

Your right. Anyone can see that Adam Yates is wearing the white jersey and Orica Greenedge is wearing the green jersey.

mjr likes this.
  14. brommers

Whole of Norway race live on Eurosport from 12.10pm Friday

15. mjr

On the end of yesterday's Norway live coverage, Eurosport promoted the Vuelta presentation live Thursday 1930 CEST (1830 UK). Coverage starts Saturday 1700 UK, highlights 2330, then 1430 Sunday. Immediately before Sunday's show is a 30 minutes Hamburg Cyclassic show. As usual, all the timings are probably wrong ;)

Vuelta highlights Saturday 2200 itv4 http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail/2446921/120251090/cycling-vuelta-a-espana - I'd expect it to settle down to 1900 daily after that.

Postmanhat and deptfordmarmoset like this.