Tells us what cycling is coming up on TV....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I recorded Omloop and KBK live from Eurosport.Both days recordings ended with 1k ish to go !

Eurosport tend to under estimate the time a race will take.

For yesterday's race I recorded the live programme, and also the next programme which was listed as highlights from a race last year.

The last part of the live race was recorded in the second programme's slot.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

For yesterday's race I recorded the live programme, and also the next programme which was listed as highlights from a race last year.

Also, not all regions transmit the programme event change signal when the programme actually changes, so PVRs don't update and lengthen the recording automatically.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

I've had that problem in the past, only I wasn't as clever as you.

You'd have thought in the digital age that this wouldn't be necessary - the recorder would know that the program was overrunning. Your clever approach harks back to the days of VCRs with impenetrable settings.

Edit. Cross post with @mjr

Adam4868

Guru

You'd think they'd have a smallish allowance for the longer race ? I did watch the last 1k of both races on catch up...just annoying though

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I wasn't as clever as you.

What I omitted to say - purely in the interests of brevity, of course - was that I was caught out the same as Adam for the live race on Saturday.

As a general point, I've noticed the on screen guide for Eurosport cannot always be relied on.

What you read is not always what you get.

johnblack

Über Member
I recorded Omloop and KBK live from Eurosport.Both days recordings ended with 1k ish to go !
I lost the last 10k of the Omloop, but KBK was ok in that I saw them cross the line then it finished. Omloop was running 10 minutes slower than the slowest forecast time so they just didn't allow enough time for it. Next time I'll record the prog. that's on after.

Adam4868

Guru
I lost the last 10k of the Omloop, but KBK was ok in that I saw them cross the line then it finished. Omloop was running 10 minutes slower than the slowest forecast time so they just didn't allow enough time for it. Next time I'll record the prog. that's on after.
Do you think that'll work ? As in will it not cut off to the adverts ?

johnblack

Über Member
Do you think that'll work ? As in will it not cut off to the adverts ?
I'm guessing a bit but think it should. On Sky the timings work of the EPG, it usually starts/stops recording a minute or so before and after the EPG time for a programme. You usually get the end of the last programme (or adverts) so if its over run but they havent updated the EPG then I don't see why not. But as it's Eurosport they might just cut coverage and not even bother showing the end!

Adam4868

Guru
I'm guessing a bit but think it should. On Sky the timings work of the EPG, it usually starts/stops recording a minute or so before and after the EPG time for a programme. You usually get the end of the last programme (or adverts) so if its over run but they havent updated the EPG then I don't see why not. But as it's Eurosport they might just cut coverage and not even bother showing the end!
Worth a try...another bonus is you get to watch extra Watchfinder adverts ! Win win

It's ridiculous how often this happens, first two days of UAE tour did the same. we watch most races by recording and catching up in evenings due to work etc, so try to remember to record the following programme now just in case. Although we didn't do that for UAE or Omloop so had to wait to find a highlight showing.

Adam4868

Guru
But does recording both programmes work seemlessly ? As in would it really give you the end of the previous race...I'm not sure it would.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Worth a try...another bonus is you get to watch extra Watchfinder adverts ! Win win
At least it's not Germany's most-bought mattress of a certain type "nee nee nee nee" :evil:

Although I do wonder what is in Amorlie's "Self-Love Box". Probably just snug kecks but to English eyes, it's a surprising ad for mid-afternoon. Bring back the Sidi ads with Pozzato(?) preparing a shoe stir-fry!

Adam4868

Guru
At least it's not Germany's most-bought mattress of a certain type "nee nee nee nee" :evil:

Although I do wonder what is in Amorlie's "Self-Love Box". Probably just snug kecks but to English eyes, it's a surprising ad for mid-afternoon. Bring back the Sidi ads with Pozzato(?) preparing a shoe stir-fry!
Way above my head....although I'm slightly intrigued by the "self love box" .....
Nah dont,just leave it there.

Top Bottom