Tesco Vouchers/Evans Cycles/Sports Direct takeover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Never heard of any of this. I'll need to get into it but I draw the line at spending 40k on diesel. Lol
Also, Tesco CC was 32 months interest free purchases when I got the second one (the first one was 24 iirc), so you could collect points towards your next bike when buying a holiday, bike bits, or, indeed a new bike.

Slick

Guru
Also, Tesco CC was 32 months interest free purchases when I got the second one (the first one was 24 iirc), so you could collect points towards your next bike when buying a holiday, bike bits, or, indeed a new bike.
That's all I need, another good reason to buy a new bike. Took me all my time to resist this year's cycle to work thing.

Maybe I'll just take a quick look at it. :shy:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
None of this takes account of Aldi and Lidl being considerably cheaper than Tesco, better quality and often more interesting.

Don't for a moment imagine Tesco points is giving you something for nothing. Not to mention all the personal data you hand over for free with every visit.

In a year I could buy a bike with our weekly savings in Aldi or Lidl.

OP
OP
Sunny Portrush
So not only is the Op wrong for thinking of buying a bike at Evans, he's wrong for shopping at Tesco. Imagine how much more he would save if Aldidl sold petrol.

To be fair, I do most of my food shopping at Asda as my wife works there and I get 10% off lol. Tesco vouchers come mainly from fuel, I have er, over £200 in vouchers to convert lol

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I bought a Brompton SL6 BWC special edition using converted Tesco vouchers and less than £80 cash.
Thinking of getting a smart trainer now.
Tesco Credit Card used for everything and paid off every month.

Also bought a Garmin 1000 with sensors etc a few years ago on just vouchers.

U

User6179

I bought a Brompton SL6 BWC special edition using converted Tesco vouchers and less than £80 cash.
Thinking of getting a smart trainer now.
Tesco Credit Card used for everything and paid off every month.

Also bought a Garmin 1000 with sensors etc a few years ago on just vouchers.

If you use the Tesco Credit card at Tesco does that mean you get double the points ?

U

User6179

Go for it - see what I did there!

Nope, lol

D

Deleted member 26715

Bargain but the question is how did you manage to spend 20 grand at Tescos ?
I reckon we must have spent more than that over the years, we've been shopping there for 30 years + & I'm now very tired
If you use the Tesco Credit card at Tesco does that mean you get double the points ?
Yes, or at least you used to not checked the current terms

Domus

Guru
We get Tesco points by using a Tesco Credit Card for most of our purchases. The last two years we have "bought" senior railcards for us both using Tesco points for the full amount. We buy food, fuel etc so why not use the credit card, pay off in full each month and save points?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
A couple of years ago Evans price matched some shoes for me & then I paid for them with Clubcard deal vouchers. Nowadays the clubcard vouchers pay for days out at Longleat and family meals out.

U

User6179

I got a price match from Evans but the code would not work, got a second code and that did not work, eventually got it to work but had to be logged out of my Evans account for it to be accepted.
Altogether took about 6 weeks and numerous phone calls and emails to first Evans and then Tesco and then Evans again to spend my vouchers.

Top Bottom