The 2016 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
Going for a ride tomorrow, it may or may not be a half century..

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is anyone aiming to get their first ride in tomorrow?

I might give it a go (hangover dependant).:smile:
I had hoped to but I have picked up a lurgy over Christmas and am feeling weak and wobbly and coughing up gunk, so no riding for me for a while!

It's a pity because I wanted to get the year off to a good start. I am still toying with going to Spain in a few weeks time to get some sunny winter miles/kms in, but I would want to have managed a few decent rides here first to make sure that I felt up to it.

13 rider

Guru
I had hoped to but I have picked up a lurgy over Christmas and am feeling weak and wobbly and coughing up gunk, so no riding for me for a while!

It's a pity because I wanted to get the year off to a good start. I am still toying with going to Spain in a few weeks time to get some sunny winter miles/kms in, but I would want to have managed a few decent rides here first to make sure that I felt up to it.
Nice plan if you go end of Jan into Feb youll get two months in
Are you back home ? Is everything OK re flooding it looked awful on the news

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Nice plan if you go end of Jan into Feb youll get two months in
Indeed!

Are you back home ? Is everything OK re flooding it looked awful on the news
Yes, I came back yesterday. I saw a couple of skips full of debris and a fair amount of mud but I avoided the area where the worst flooding would have occurred. I did see one stretch of paving slabs which had been ripped up! It looked like water had been running under them and washing away whatever they were laid on.

I am going out soon to stock up with food so I will have a wander about to see what is what. At least my house was ok. There was some extra damp in the cellar but that always happens after heavy rain. There is a tiny hole in the wall through which ground water can drip in. I will try to seal it when I am feeling a bit more lively.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Is anyone aiming to get their first ride in tomorrow?

I might give it a go (hangover dependant).:smile:

That's the plan - although the temperature here isn't forecast to get above zero until mid morning and will only be single figures pretty much all day. I guess I'll have to layer up. :cold:
It will make up for no ride today due to forecast heavy showers, which haven't materialised...:dry:

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Got the first one in today, cracking weather for the time of year.

I got added on strava yesterday by an old mate that i`d not seen for 6 years. I asked him if he fancied coming with me and he agreed. It was great catching up with him and it made it one of the most enjoyable rides i`v ever had, loved it :smile:

Effyb4

Veteran
Did my first one yesterday...https://www.strava.com/activities/459331609 oh crap... jumped the gun..^_^ It was actually a bit of a test to see if I could still do a 50k..lol

I did part of that route for my first ride of the year. It looks like I live a few miles down the road to you.

Last edited:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Had to get out early as I had a social engagement at midday.

Got up at 7am and there was heavy frost and ice on the ground. Went for a quick recce around the village and it was very slippery in places following yesterday's rain and the overnight frost.

Abandoned planned ride to get me started on the challenge.

No commitments tomorrow so will try again!

Very well done to everyone who got their challenge up and running today - slightly jealous though I have to admit!

Looking forward to dealing with the effects of my inner:mrpig:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Oh dear - set off early this morning and 3 miles from home I somehow managed to breathe down an insect. :cursing:

Cue much coughing and spluttering. Thought it would pass but a couple of miles later it was still 'down there'.

Went home. Sputtered for ages and finally it has gone although my throat hurts a bit.

I confess to 'losing the will' so with a meagre 10 miles riding today I will have to :bicycle: my intended route tomorrow.

Have a safe day everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom