The 2016 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
I very much hope so.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
It's been a rubbish week cycling wise - grim weather and as busy as, well, Mr Busy at work means that there hasn't been the chance of a pootle round the block, let alone a decent post work ride out.:sad:

However...there looks to be a weather window tomorrow morning where I should have time to squeeze a cheeky half in, if I wrap up warm.:whistle:

And Sunday looks even better! :wahhey:

Edited to add: Just checked the BBC travel info pages and it looks like a lot of roads are still closed due to flooding out to the East of Leeds. Obviously Linton and Tadcaster bridges respectively will be shut for a while, but it's a little surprising to find that roads around Ulleskelf, Cawood and the like are still under water two weeks after the floods...gives you some understanding of just how bad it's been doesn't it?

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Yesterday the forecast for today was grim - the Met Office even gave out a yellow weather warning for rain.
So, based largely on that I made plans for today that didn't include getting out on the bike.
Needless to say apart from a heavy shower at around 8.30 this morning it's been dry all day...I'm starting to think that meteorology might be the biggest scam since the Emperors new clothes :scratch:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have a 16.4 miles a day target for this year so I should have done 164 miles by today, but I have actually only done ... 2! :whistle:

I have had the excuse of a heavy cold but I am feeling a lot better now so I had better get back on my bike and start catching up! I will try and get out tomorrow. I'll test myself along the flat A646 to Mytholmroyd. If I feel ok I will do the Cragg Vale climb and whatever I do after that will mean at least a 21 mile ride. If all is well I will make sure I get the half metric century in.

Katherine

Guru
I managed my first 50k this Sunday, was a bit grim first thing but brightened up.

Getting concerned about getting my 50 imperial as next weekend i'm away and for the following two one of the two days are also booked

May have to do it on the Turbo that's gotta be worth a bonus point!
All challenge rides have to be done outside on your bike. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom