The 2016 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeW-71

Veteran
Aaaaannnnd... We're off :smile:

A total of 33 miles today on the shouty ORANGE bike to kick off the year. Nice day for it :bicycle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So much for getting a longer ride in today ... I am still waiting for my parcel to arrive. I don't want to ride for long in the cold and dark just as the traffic is building up so unless the parcel arrives in the next few minutes, I will postpone my 50 km ride.

Scrub that ... I just checked the forecast - heavy rain from 2 pm onwards - ride cancelled! :laugh:

I will get on with installing software on my 'new' PC. (A friend donated a pretty decent computer to me when I was ill 3 years ago but I hadn't got round to using it.)

Hmmm, I can see March is going to be tricky. I've got a wedding anniversary, wife's birthday, 2 big family events, company awards ceremony, family weekend away and I reckon about 2 free days to do both my 50km and 50 mile rides (trying to do one of each every month)...and they're on consecutive days. Will have to figure it out somehow ^_^

13 rider

Guru
Hmmm, I can see March is going to be tricky. I've got a wedding anniversary, wife's birthday, 2 big family events, company awards ceremony, family weekend away and I reckon about 2 free days to do both my 50km and 50 mile rides (trying to do one of each every month)...and they're on consecutive days. Will have to figure it out somehow ^_^
I'd do the 50 m first as that can count for either km/m then try the lesser 50km the next day .I did both miles and kms last year and always got the miles in first

Katherine

Guru
Good luck :bicycle::bicycle:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I had plans for another 50km tomorrow morning, but the forecast now is sub-zero until lunchtime with a yellow warning for ice from t'Met Office, which is making me think twice. Apologies if that sounds a bit wussy, but this is my first winter on a bike in a looooong time and I'm reading all sorts of horror stories about icy roads a semi-slick road bike tyres.:headshake:

The only sensible thing to do is get up and see how it looks. Worst case scenario I can do 20 laps of the estate as the bus route will have been gritted. ;)

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I had plans for another 50km tomorrow morning, but the forecast now is sub-zero until lunchtime with a yellow warning for ice from t'Met Office, which is making me think twice. Apologies if that sounds a bit wussy, but this is my first winter on a bike in a looooong time and I'm reading all sorts of horror stories about icy roads a semi-slick road bike tyres.:headshake:

The only sensible thing to do is get up and see how it looks. Worst case scenario I can do 20 laps of the estate as the bus route will have been gritted. ;)

I`m thinking of ditching the roadie this weekend and doing a 50 km on the mtb. There are lots of trails on my back door with Hicks Lodge just a couple of miles up the road.

It`ll be slow (3+ hours I reckon), but my mtb could be my "get out of jail free card" in the Winter months :bicycle:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Have you all realised you can now edit your posts in this forum - so in the ride logging thread you can have all your rides together in one post.
It's not a requirement, just thought I'd point it out - I like being able to see all my qualifying rides in one place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom