The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
@dickyknees - Those pictures are beautiful! I would have given them a "love" if it were possible instead of a "like"!

BTW, what is zwift??? I have not ever heard that term before.

An indoor trainer. If you put Zwift into your search engine a number of hits will come up which explain.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Utterly brassed off with this weather. :banghead: It's not as if the commuting is hard enough with the winds in the last few weeks, generally against me in the morning and magically switching for the ride home!:wacko:
Chance of a ride this weekend is looking slim, so planned a 100 km by riding to Southport, pick up a tub of macca powder and return. On the exposed road from the Rainford by pass to Ormskirk and the heavens opened with wind gusts making the rain like bullets and the road awash. Got as far as Edge Hill University and thought enough was enough. :cursing:
On the return journey could generate enough heat to just about keep my body warm, but the hands (in wool gloves soaked in moments) and feet (with overshoes), also soaked, no chance. On the way back played out in my head route variations to get a higher mileage, but went for the direct route. - Which was lucky as the heavens opened again about 10 minutes after arriving home.

Katherine

Guru
Utterly brassed off with this weather. :banghead: It's not as if the commuting is hard enough with the winds in the last few weeks, generally against me in the morning and magically switching for the ride home!:wacko:
Chance of a ride this weekend is looking slim, so planned a 100 km by riding to Southport, pick up a tub of macca powder and return. On the exposed road from the Rainford by pass to Ormskirk and the heavens opened with wind gusts making the rain like bullets and the road awash. Got as far as Edge Hill University and thought enough was enough. :cursing:
On the return journey could generate enough heat to just about keep my body warm, but the hands (in wool gloves soaked in moments) and feet (with overshoes), also soaked, no chance. On the way back played out in my head route variations to get a higher mileage, but went for the direct route. - Which was lucky as the heavens opened again about 10 minutes after arriving home.
Well done!

It was today or never for me. Weather forecast said go and even though I'm still struggling back to fitness after an end of year break, go I did. Definitely not up to an extended ride on the bike yet but did it anyway thanks to this challenge. Need beer now.

slow scot

Veteran
Knew as soon as I entered this there would be problems; and within three days I came down with a bad dose of MSDL. A week in the alps did not help. Anyway forced myself out today as the weather was good and I felt quite a bit better. And with the aid of good company and a few laps round the park at the end I knocked off 52 ks to register for my first point.
MSDL for the non medics is of course Male Specific Dreadful Lurgy.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Knew as soon as I entered this there would be problems; and within three days I came down with a bad dose of MSDL. A week in the alps did not help. Anyway forced myself out today as the weather was good and I felt quite a bit better. And with the aid of good company and a few laps round the park at the end I knocked off 52 ks to register for my first point.
MSDL for the non medics is of course Male Specific Dreadful Lurgy.
Well done and welcome to the challenge don't forget to post in the challenge thread

Top Bottom