The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Discussion in 'CycleChat Monthly Challenges' started by 13 rider, 28 Dec 2017.

1. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Normally I'd agree with @13 rider about the merits of getting a ride in early, but there's no chance tomorrow.

Sunday might give me outside chance though, so fingers crossed. ;)

2. OP
    OP
    13 rider

13 rider Veteran

Stick to the busier roads Ragdale road was blocked yesterday due to drifting snow and a stuck parcel van

Chris Doyle likes this.
  3. tallliman

tallliman Über Member

Cheers, it'd probably be straight up and back along Paudy.

Chris Doyle and 13 rider like this.
  4. Chris Doyle

Chris Doyle Just that somewhere in between....

Yeah my sportive has been postponed due to the inclement weather so I may have to do the same......

5. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

I'm riding the York-Leeds-York sportive a week on Saturday (10th March) which was going to be my banker for March, so hopefully the weather should have sorted itself by then. Would be nice to squeeze in a cheeky metric half this weekend though.
    Then in April I've got the Vale Vélo where I seem to have accidentally signed up for the 100-mile ride again...:eek:

6. Domus

Domus Über Member

Hoping to visit mum in Chorley on Tuesday for an early one, couple of bankers later in the month, The Bay Cycle Way over two days.

7. Chris Doyle

Well good luck with that! Got my banker hopefully next weekend on a forum ride with @13 rider, @Lilliburlero, @Supersuperleeds, @tallliman and possibly others so if all goes to plan I should smash it for March! Then there’s Tour of the Peak in May, Bostin Peaks in June, Leicestershire Startline in July and Belvoir “2wheels and a slice of cake” in September! So hopefully between us @NorthernDave we might just manage.......

8. Chris Doyle

Lovely day for it!! :laugh:
    A1039E71-3C69-4A99-BF76-90320804B7BA.jpeg

Katherine and Elysian_Roads like this.
  9. tallliman

tallliman Über Member

@Chris Doyle, I can't even see where the pavement ends and the road begins looking out my window!!

Elysian_Roads and Chris Doyle like this.
  10. Chris Doyle

I hear ya @tallliman.. Should’ve got my skates instead of my shoes on- it’s like an ice rink! I do not envy anyone who’s braved it out there today!!Even zwift was an effort in the garage this morning- the technology couldn’t handle the cold!!

Elysian_Roads likes this.
  11. Bazzer

Bazzer Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

I was disappointed at today's 100 k sportive being cancelled as that was my banker for the MCAM challenge, but with hindsight, it was probably a good thing. Today's ride was another wet and cold one to add to this winter's list and my toes were feeling cold by the end. Low light was some dick, whose journey was so important he could not be delayed by a few seconds, so as I was turning right on a mini roundabout, he overtook me on the wrong side of the roundabout. :cursing:
    HIgh lights were wildlife. Many more birds around than recent rides, including an owl, couple of pheasant and what I think was a woodpecker hammering at a tree as I stopped for a toilet break. :blush:

12. OP
    OP
    13 rider

13 rider Veteran

Well done for getting a ride in . I'm waiting for the thaw then may not have time today

Elysian_Roads, Chris Doyle and Bazzer like this.
  13. Bazzer

Bazzer Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.

I think my location happens to have been a Goldilocks for the recent weather. Just missed the worst of the snow from the South, North and East. We had snow and there is still some around, but nothing to cause disruption.

Elysian_Roads and Chris Doyle like this.
  14. OP
    OP
    13 rider

13 rider Veteran

I think it's say something about the nation's weather it's the 4th of the month and we have 1 ride in

15. OP
    OP
    13 rider

13 rider Veteran

A late poster for Feb well done @Slick upto 40 riders now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice