The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I'd agree.....might try and get out Sunday for an out and back to a favourite coffee stop.....
Stick to the busier roads Ragdale road was blocked yesterday due to drifting snow and a stuck parcel van

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Yeah my sportive has been postponed due to the inclement weather so I may have to do the same......

I'm riding the York-Leeds-York sportive a week on Saturday (10th March) which was going to be my banker for March, so hopefully the weather should have sorted itself by then. Would be nice to squeeze in a cheeky metric half this weekend though.
Then in April I've got the Vale Vélo where I seem to have accidentally signed up for the 100-mile ride again...:eek:

I'm riding the York-Leeds-York sportive a week on Saturday (10th March) which was going to be my banker for March, so hopefully the weather should have sorted itself by then. Would be nice to squeeze in a cheeky metric half this weekend though.
Then in April I've got the Vale Vélo where I seem to have accidentally signed up for the 100-mile ride again...:eek:

Well good luck with that! Got my banker hopefully next weekend on a forum ride with @13 rider, @Lilliburlero, @Supersuperleeds, @tallliman and possibly others so if all goes to plan I should smash it for March! Then there’s Tour of the Peak in May, Bostin Peaks in June, Leicestershire Startline in July and Belvoir “2wheels and a slice of cake” in September! So hopefully between us @NorthernDave we might just manage.......

Lovely day for it!! :laugh:
A1039E71-3C69-4A99-BF76-90320804B7BA.jpeg

@Chris Doyle, I can't even see where the pavement ends and the road begins looking out my window!!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I was disappointed at today's 100 k sportive being cancelled as that was my banker for the MCAM challenge, but with hindsight, it was probably a good thing. Today's ride was another wet and cold one to add to this winter's list and my toes were feeling cold by the end. Low light was some dick, whose journey was so important he could not be delayed by a few seconds, so as I was turning right on a mini roundabout, he overtook me on the wrong side of the roundabout. :cursing:
HIgh lights were wildlife. Many more birds around than recent rides, including an owl, couple of pheasant and what I think was a woodpecker hammering at a tree as I stopped for a toilet break. :blush:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I was disappointed at today's 100 k sportive being cancelled as that was my banker for the MCAM challenge, but with hindsight, it was probably a good thing. Today's ride was another wet and cold one to add to this winter's list and my toes were feeling cold by the end. Low light was some dick, whose journey was so important he could not be delayed by a few seconds, so as I was turning right on a mini roundabout, he overtook me on the wrong side of the roundabout. :cursing:
HIgh lights were wildlife. Many more birds around than recent rides, including an owl, couple of pheasant and what I think was a woodpecker hammering at a tree as I stopped for a toilet break. :blush:
Well done for getting a ride in . I'm waiting for the thaw then may not have time today

Top Bottom