The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry, I'm out.

Several beasts from the east, unforseen car repairs, a broken boiler with continuing plumber appointments and mounting costs, and latterly contracting the lurgy - it's fair to say this has been a right sh*t month, both for cycling and in general. Gutted and a bit embarrassed to be dropping out. Better now than in November I suppose. Try again next year :sad:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry, I'm out.

Several beasts from the east, unforseen car repairs, a broken boiler with continuing plumber appointments and mounting costs, and latterly contracting the lurgy - it's fair to say this has been a right sh*t month, both for cycling and in general. Gutted and a bit embarrassed to be dropping out. Better now than in November I suppose. Try again next year :sad:
Aaarrgh - bad luck!

AS FOR THE REST OF YOU ... :okay:

Slick

Guru
Sorry, I'm out.

Sometimes life just takes over, no need for any embarrassment.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Sorry, I'm out.

March appears to have been a bad month but yours was particularly bad no need to be embarrassed . Feel free to post rides each month if you require a bit of motivation to get out . You just won't qualify for a star

March appears to have been a bad month but yours was particularly bad no need to be embarrassed . Feel free to post rides each month if you require a bit of motivation to get out . You just won't qualify for a star
Thanks. I don't need any extra motivation. I cycle most days as a commuter and have a few weekend day rides and a couple of mini tours lined up. Looking forward to it all and confident I'll smash my annual 5,000 mile target, just a bit deflated at failing with this. Cheers.

Last edited:

Katherine

Guru
Sorry, I'm out.

Bad luck with everything happening in March. Hope you have a much better April. And keep posting.

Very wet in Sunny Radcliffe this morning, rain stopped at noon so cycled over to see my mum in her care home in Chorley.
Headwind all the way so ready for a respite at mum's, only to discover an outbreak of D&V bug on mum's floor. Thankfully mum is ok but advised against going to see her as Mrs Domus has a hospital appointment tomorrow and we are seeing grandchildren in the afternoon.
Stopped at Costa in Bolton for a coffee and watched the local wine club meeting outside share a cheeky little white, from the bottle with floating cork.
Sadly the meeting came to an abrupt end when the bottle was empty and the shouting began. :wacko:

April ride in, no more riding for a week. PSA blood test next Tuesday, advised no riding or night time exercise :smooch: until then.
Good luck with the PSA!

Domus

Guru
Filling my downtime with service on the bike, new bottom bracket feels frictionless, jockey wheels stripped cleaned and greased, cleaned and polished frame and Gorilla Clear Tape fitted to chainstay. Looks really good. KMC chain to fit tomorrow evening. Should look and feel like new on Sunday night.:wahhey:

Filling my downtime with service on the bike, new bottom bracket feels frictionless, jockey wheels stripped cleaned and greased, cleaned and polished frame and Gorilla Clear Tape fitted to chainstay. Looks really good. KMC chain to fit tomorrow evening. Should look and feel like new on Sunday night.:wahhey:
Sounds like the second best form of cyclotherapy (after riding)! ^_^

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Been lovely the last couple of days while I've been at work, feeling like spring at last.

So tomorrow, when I'm riding the UKCE Wiggle Vale Vélo Sportive from York they're forecasting an 8am - 5pm monsoon. :rolleyes:

6026.JPG

This time last year, the 'best' carbon bike had been out of hibernation for a month - it's yet to turn a wheel this year.
Tomorrow I'm sticking with the 'winter' bike with mudguards. :okay:

Elysian_Roads

Been lovely the last couple of days while I've been at work, feeling like spring at last.

So tomorrow, when I'm riding the UKCE Wiggle Vale Vélo Sportive from York they're forecasting an 8am - 5pm monsoon. :rolleyes:

View attachment 403245

This time last year, the 'best' carbon bike had been out of hibernation for a month - it's yet to turn a wheel this year.
Fingers crossed for the weather for you, @NorthernDave. Was pleasantly surprised to be able to be out until 7:30 tonight, pottering about in the shed. Gutted to now see the rest of the weekend is likely to be wet down hear as well......

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru

View attachment 403245

Have a good day ,hope the forecast is wrong . The last 2 days of commuting have been lovely forecast for the weekend :rain: great :sad:

Top Bottom