The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Been lovely the last couple of days while I've been at work, feeling like spring at last.

So tomorrow, when I'm riding the UKCE Wiggle Vale Vélo Sportive from York they're forecasting an 8am - 5pm monsoon. :rolleyes:

View attachment 403245

This time last year, the 'best' carbon bike had been out of hibernation for a month - it's yet to turn a wheel this year.
Tomorrow I'm sticking with the 'winter' bike with mudguards. :okay:

After the weather guessers predictions of doom and gloom, even as late as 6am this morning, todays ride was almost unscathed from rain - one heavy shower and a lighter shower later on - hardly the monsoon conditions set in for the day that were promised. I wonder how many people binned plans off on the basis of a horrendously inaccurate forecast?

A good ride then, 75 miles (120km) of glorious East and North Yorkshire countryside, including three climbs that would have been more at home in the Alps.
Possibly. ;)

After all that hard work, this Snickers seemed about right:
IMG_20180406_185340567.jpg

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
A late poster for March sneaks over the line . 38 of us still in

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I must need my bloody head looking at :rolleyes: .... Rode my 3rd 100 miler of April today (we`re only 8 days into the month ffs :headshake:) and being that I`v already posted qualifying rides for both the imperial and metric century challenges, I`ll pop it in here.

God help my little legs :laugh: I just cant help myself :whistle:
https://www.relive.cc/view/1496747030 :bicycle:
Don't forget it's all @Supersuperleeds fault for encouraging (bullying) you into the challenge

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Thanks @Slick :smile:. Its all @Supersuperleeds AND @13 rider fault... yes @13 rider you`re just as bad :laugh:

Their ability to bang consecutive big rides out in very short periods of time as been my inspiration. I would not be doing what i`m doing now if it wasnt for them :notworthy:

Its just a case of watching and learning :okay:

You are very modest, you are a much better rider than me.

Top Bottom