The 2019 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
1 week to go in Feb ,state of play we have 33 riders fully posted up and 10 riders yet to post a Feb ride , so a nudge for @ColinJ ,@Katherine ( just needs to update challenge thread done a ride ) ,@Milkfloat ,@Bazzer ,@LeetleGreyCells ,@Lilliburlero ,@demro ,@Ice2911 ,@L Q and @slow scot . Well done everyone February always seems a tough month .

Hopefully the forecast heatwave will help anyone who hasn't got a ride in yet.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have been skiving... Well, I had a nasty cold (and am still coughing up gunk) but I don't actually feel ill now so it is time to get riding again!

Blimey - it isn't even the end of February and I am already 700 km down on my target distance ... :whistle: :blush:

Dog walking tomorrow but a possible 50 km ride on Friday.

I need to get my monthly 100 km ride in too, but first things first, eh?

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
1 week to go in Feb ,state of play we have 33 riders fully posted up and 10 riders yet to post a Feb ride , so a nudge for @ColinJ ,@Katherine ( just needs to update challenge thread done a ride ) ,@Milkfloat ,@Bazzer ,@LeetleGreyCells ,@Lilliburlero ,@demro ,@Ice2911 ,@L Q and @slow scot . Well done everyone February always seems a tough month .

Life has been getting in the way this year and plans for this week went out of the window at 6.45am on Monday. Like Colin I still have the MCAM to do yet too. I may have to do an extended commute for this challenge.

bluenotebob

Veteran
it isn't even the end of February and I am already 700 km down on my target distance

Different weather, different states of health and certainly different targets – but I’m over 400km up on where I thought I’d be at the end of February, and there are still 8 cycling days left this month.

But it can all change in a heartbeat, and I take nothing for granted.

I’m sure that you’ll catch up quickly.

Domus

Guru
Thanks for all your likes and good wishes. :notworthy:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Out with a mate for a ride today, making a nice change from riding solo and it's another metric half in the bag.
He had a visit from the p* fairy about 5 miles in, but we were soon back on the way, despite him venting his CO2 canister straight into the atmosphere rather than his new inner tube...:rolleyes:

Blooming cream crackered now though and it's still not warm enough for shorts ;)

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I think that's a first just done a Feburary 50km ride in shorts :sun:. Did a Standard loop out to Wymeswold in absolutely glorious conditions which had loads of riders out today . Bumped into a guy I see on my commute stopped for a nice chat

Shorts for me as well, bloody gorgeous out there today.

February done in absolutely stunning weather for the time of year.

lane

Veteran
WOW! I can't remember weather this good in February before. A real treat and nice way to break up the winter (if you can still call it that). 63km ride out through Sawley, Kegworth, Sutton Bonnington, Normington on Soar to Barrow upon Soar and then back by the same route. Had quite a lie in this morning, then a few delays so didn't get out until 1.30pm by which time it had warmed up nicely. Stopped in Barrow to get a sandwich and had a bit of a tail wind on the way back. All in all a cracking day out on the bike. Three rides in February and I'm not usually very keen on getting out too much in the winter. Would be good to get the March ride in next weekend.

Top Bottom