The 2019 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
Very hot in Sunny Grange this morning so lathered on the factor 20 and set off for Arnside and a very nice coffee shop across from the station, they serve very good coffee and have jazz playing on vinyl. It was closed. Arnside was HEAVING so carried on to Silverdale for coffee, very hot climb from Arnside so very relieved to find the Blossom Bird open. For a change I turned towards Carnforth and cut up to Warton Crag, another hot climb, madness I know. Lovely quiet lanes to Beetham and a new to me tearoom across from the church. Well worth the visit for the cakes alone. Re traced my route to Levens and over Meethop for a well earned 74 Kms, 900 metres of up and 1 point.

Slick

Guru
A bit remiss of me but with less than a week to go :ohmy: a thread update we have 32 riders fully posted up ,2 riders I know have done rides but not posted in ,@tallliman and @Lilliburlero leaving 8 rides to post or ride so a nudge for @Milkfloat ,@Osprey ,@iandg ,@Slick ,@Cranky Knee Girl ,@demro ,@slow scot and @Sbudge
Well done everyone
Thanks for the nudge, although I've actually done a qualifying ride but I'm hoping to do 1 more before the end of the month and will update then.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
In preparation for a silly hilly Durham Sportive I signed up for next week, I went out to do a metric century ride up to @ColinJ 's neck of the woods in t'Yorkshire.

It was stupid hot for me, and I'm not sure the long grindy hills I went up are going to help me with the shorter sharper hills west of Durham, but it was purdy.

Started easy enough with 6 miles flat of the Fallowfield loop, then a couple down a canal path, before hitting the climbs, 4 of which in a row were categorised by the Garmin Edge. The last climb out of Sowerby Bridge onto the A646 was not categorised, but was .7 miles of pain...

20190825_114231176_iOS.jpg

20190825_123031910_iOS.jpg

20190825_123147281_iOS.jpg

20190825_124244433_iOS.jpg

20190825_130355406_iOS.jpg

C R

Guru
Managed to squeeze another ride in for the month. About the same distance as last week, but half the climbing. A bit faster than last week, 14.5 mph as opposed to 14 mph, but somehow it felt like a much harder ride. Still enjoyed it though. Report in the ride today thread to follow.

iandg

Legendary Member
A bit remiss of me but with less than a week to go :ohmy: a thread update we have 32 riders fully posted up ,2 riders I know have done rides but not posted in ,@tallliman and @Lilliburlero leaving 8 rides to post or ride so a nudge for @Milkfloat ,@Osprey ,@iandg ,@Slick ,@Cranky Knee Girl ,@demro ,@slow scot and @Sbudge
Well done everyone

Onto it - been quiet on the forum lately. Have done rides just need to log on the forum - have some outstanding from July to list too.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl

aferris2

Guru
Last ride done for August. Thought I should do a 50 in addition to the 100's already done. It is also my last ride in the UK for this year as we are flying out to Sydney on Thursday. Will do my best to complete this challenge though, and should have the added bonus that the weather should be getting better rather than closing in for the winter. I'm working on the N+1 for our stay down-under rather than taking a bike with me.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Well done everyone

My mojo was well and truly gone, I have spent most of the last few months weeks, ill, abroad, kayaking or scouting. Your post nudged me back into action to keep the challenge going, so yesterday I went for a ride and loved it! Mojo well and truly found, although I have lost some speed. I will post the details in the right thread. Thanks!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
My mojo was well and truly gone, I have spent most of the last few months weeks, ill, abroad, kayaking or scouting. Your post nudged me back into action to keep the challenge going, so yesterday I went for a ride and loved it! Mojo well and truly found, although I have lost some speed. I will post the details in the right thread. Thanks!
Didn't know I had mojo restorative powers :laugh:. Glad to see the challenge working getting people out riding

gavgav

Guru
September could be a problem for me. Broke my finger in 2 places, playing cricket, 3 weeks ago, and currently in a splint. Follow up with the hospital on Monday, where I’m hoping they’ll say it’s healing nicely.......No chance of cycling with the current lack of movement in the knuckle. Hoping things improve over the month and that I can squeeze the 50k in, but not sure at the moment.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
September could be a problem for me. Broke my finger in 2 places, playing cricket, 3 weeks ago, and currently in a splint. Follow up with the hospital on Monday, where I’m hoping they’ll say it’s healing nicely.......No chance of cycling with the current lack of movement in the knuckle. Hoping things improve over the month and that I can squeeze the 50k in, but not sure at the moment.
Was going to say fingers crossed ! But let's say here's hoping for a quicker than expected recovery

Katherine

Guru
We'll cross our fingers that you get good control of yours before the end of the month!

Top Bottom