The 2019 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
Glorious day today for my first ever imperial half and my first ever sportive. Flooding played havoc with the route, but I did manage the whole 50 mile in four and a half hours including stops. Full report in the my ride today thread in a bit.

Here's the map

Last edited:
Glorious day today for my first ever metric half and my first ever sportive. Flooding played havoc with the route, but I did manage the whole 50 mile in four and a half hours including stops. Full report in the my ride today thread in a bit.

Here's the map

View attachment 490808
Awesome job. :bravo:

Reactions: C R
Thanks, it was an achievement for me, no doubt, but looking at the distances you guys put in every month I am just a minnow.
Don’t sell yourself short! It’s a good distance to cover is 50 miles, and in a sportive setting too! They can be a little daunting (especially with the “all the gear, no idea” types that want to race) and you managed to smash it all the same!

Domus

Guru
Lovely day in Sunny Radcliffe after almost incessant rain. Set off to visit mum in Chorley with every intention of a 2 pointer, however after turning for home after an hour in the hot house that is a care home I felt chilled and couldn't warm up :cold: so only a 77 Km 1 pointer. Missed out the detour through Stoneclough and Whitefield but as it was school chucking out time probably a wise decision.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Sorry, folks, I'm out of all challenges due to a knee problem. I don't want to make it any worse by pushing too hard. Hopefully, it's mendable, in time or by witchcraft.

Good luck and kudos to all who are on target to complete the year!
That's a shame but you will do silly legog rides :okay: you've worn it out . Hope it heals quick

bluenotebob

Veteran
I’ve had a ‘better than expected’ October – I cycled 945km, which makes it my second best month of the year. I'm not sure why – the weather’s been a challenge .. either wet and very windy, or very wet and windy. A lot of rides this month have involved shower-dodging, or battling into a brutal head wind. My legs have been good though, and I’ve enjoyed putting my new bike through its paces.

I hope that we all have a good November too..

Domus

Guru
A last hurrah for October. Met some mates in Audlem, not been out as a group since the Audlem member had his pacemaker fitted. Very pleasant flat ride of 53 Kms around the cold and wet lanes, managed to ride in three counties, Cheshire, Shropshire and Staffs. Add in a nice lunch and it all came together nicely. Was a bit nippy though. :cold:

Top Bottom