The 2019 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aferris2

Guru
November done so there's now just one more to go. Best time of the day for riding here is first thing in the morning before it gets too hot. I'm also well into the tropics and its coming up to the wet season, so better to get out when you see that the sun is going to shine.
Took the easy flat option today up the coast to Palm Cove. Stunning scenery and cycle path almost the whole way, and there was not a shred of glass or rubbish or pothole the whole way. At first glance, it seems crazy that no one is using the long sandy beaches here, but then you see the signs warning about box jellyfish and estuarine crocodiles. Ok, maybe I won't have a swim then.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Monthly update time we have 32 riders fully posted up . So with 1 weekend to go we have 7 riders yet to post so nudges for @Spinney ,@iandg ,@LeetleGreyCells ,@Houthakker ,@PeteXXX ,@Nomadski and @tallliman . Well done everyone . On a personal note October is my lowest scoring month in 4 years with only 2 50km rides ,1 imperial ton and yet to do a metric ton for that challenge leaving it late

Oops I did get out in October, but forgot to post. Will do so now.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Should have gotten a ride in this weekend, but binned the idea off yesterday on the grounds of the weather guessers predicting yet another day long monsoon and howling gales - which didn't happen. The rain didn't arrive until lunchtime and when it did it was light, so I'd have had ample time to get out in the morning...

Other stuff to do ruled today out, but I'm off this week so might sneak in a cheeky midweeker.

Domus

Guru
Off the mark for November with a cold misty ride wearing my new winter jacket. A Castelli no less :eek: very warm and light. No idea when my next ride will be. Grandchildren tomorrow, off darn sarth on Tuesday for family funeral, back late Wednesday night then off to Anglesey on Thursday for the Race of Remembrance. Pit crew for the hero's trophy. Busy busy busy. Hard life being retired.
RoR

Slick

Guru
Great ride out today round Loch Katrine which is a great training route if you need some hill work under your belt. I did this with my brother and I think we seem to do the loop the wrong way as once again we met a number of cyclists but nearly all coming from the opposite direction. Either way, it's a great ride and the weather was near perfect apart from a bit of a head wind on the way out that obviously disappeared on the return leg. Nice to have a ride in this early and hopefully it will be the same next month before the weather really turns.

bruce1530

Guru
I got a ride in today. One go my regular routes - along the coast from Saltcoats, short diversion off the main road to Portencross, back to the main road, and on towards Largs. Quick coffee and watch the boats for 5 mons, then back the same way.

Today I had a new wheel set, new helmet, new rear light and new jacket. Unfortunately, it was the same old engine....

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
1 rider @LeetleGreyCells I'm not sure off .
I could have sworn I'd posted October after your nudge. October and November rides added.

It was a beautiful day yesterday, and with no Go Ride kids ride I took the opportunity to join the club social while my kids stayed in bed on the last day of the half term break. Another Go Ride parent joined me, and we must have remarked half a dozen times just how quiet the ride was without all the kids :laugh: It was a little strange.

I did 92 km yesterday and would have loved to have rounded up to the metric century. Unfortunately, a call (command) from home to get back and fix the electrics took priority.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
November's done a rather damp 107Km

Blaby - Wigston - Newton Harcourt - Great Glen - Houghton on the Hill - Ingarsby - Keyham -Beeby -Hungarton -Lowesby -Marefield - Loddington - Alexton -Stockerston - Eyebrook Reservoir - Great Easton -Drayton - Nevill Holt - Medbourne - Slawston - Welham - Great Bowden = Gumley - Laughton - Mowsley = Saddington - Arnesby - Countesthorpe - Blaby

actually managed a 100K plus ride each month so far...too late to stop but December is the hardest month.

Slick

Guru
A pretty gentle ride out with Mrs Slick, heading back over to the cycle path on the A77 down to Fenwick, over to Stewarton then the usual tea and cake at the Dunlop Dairy before heading for home over the hill road. It did get a bit chilly out the sun but still nice to be out and I'm hoping this is still the same story next month.

Top Bottom