The 2019 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruce1530

Guru
over to Stewarton then the usual tea and cake at the Dunlop Dairy

I’ve been along that road a few times, and seen the signs for the dairy/tearoom. Never stopped there, but may do so next time.

aferris2

Guru
Another ride done for November. I wanted to do this one right from the point we started planning our trip down under. We got to Uluru nice and early to see the sunrise then drove round to the main car park which is where my ride began. I thought starting before 8am would give me plenty of time to ride and take pictures before it got too hot. I could tell very quickly that this wasn't going to happen. Signs on all the paths said they were shutting everything at 11 am because of severe temperatures. Luckily I had the campervan to replenish water supplies and there was a tap on the far side as well. I think I had about 3 litres of water during the ride plus another litre after. Wow, it was hot! It was windy too which just made it even harder along much of the route. It seemed to be about 80% headwind. Glad I did it though.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Update time 6 days to go but just half a weekend . We have just 24 riders fully posted up 1 rider has done a ride yet to up date thread ( yes @tallliman again ) ,So nudges for @ColinJ ,@Katherine ,@cosmicbike ,@Osprey ,@Rob and Alison ,@Saluki ,@iandg ,@Cranky Knee Girl ,@demro ,@Houthakker ,@lane ,@Nomadski and @Sbudge
Well done everyone who's upto date 1 month to go . I'm expected a flurry of finishers as on the 1st as it falls on a Sunday
I know. Work and weather keeps getting in the way. Rowing event on Saturday as well! I will make an evening effort, weather permitting. It’s a bit blowy over the fens but at least you can see cars approaching from a mile away.

iandg

Legendary Member
Lost momentum since getting the keys to the new cottage in September and starting on the renovation. A holiday in October and man flu a couple of weekends ago hasn't helped me to get back into a routine. Managed to get my ride in today though, will update the record later.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2895067989

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Evening all. I had 3 lieu hours which had to be taken by Friday. The chance of getting a friday afternoon off is slim to non-existant so finished at lunch time, popped to the docs and got on the bike. I added a nice 12 mile ride with a 20 miler plus a wiggly bit in the middle to join them up.
I was not sure that I was going to get my 50km challenge ride in this month. To be honest, it was lovely to get some daylight in today.

I showered the bike when I got home. It was still mucky after it came out. How does that even happen? Wet wipes sorted out the rest of the muck, at least. Then I had to unblock the shower drain, then have a shower as cleaning a bike gets you dirtier than you would think.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Recorded a ride 12 days ago so updated the thread with it...being very lax reporting rides last few months..sorry!

Also, without this challenge, I probably wouldn't have been motivated to go out at all in November, so cheers!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Also, without this challenge, I probably wouldn't have been motivated to go out at all in November, so cheers!!
I did a 100 km ride towards the end of October, chose to have a few days off the bike, but then came down with a heavy cold which has kept me off for most of November. I am busy today (and it is very wet here anyway) so I will have just 2 days left to get my November '50' and '100' in! At least the forecast for the 29th and 30th is for dry conditions - damn cold though...

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
I did a 100 km ride towards the end of October, chose to have a few days off the bike, but then came down with a heavy cold which has kept me off for most of November. I am busy today (and it is very wet here anyway) so I will have just 2 days left to get my November '50' and '100' in! At least the forecast for the 29th and 30th is for dry conditions - damn cold though...

Yeah I've spet the day off looking outside the window and thinking 'I really should go out for a ride' but then what I'm seeing out of the window is very clearly saying 'stay indoors'.

I'm failing rule #5.

Slick

Guru
I'll keep my fingers crossed, especially as something would have to give if it was me.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'll keep my fingers crossed, especially as something would have to give if it was me.
Yeah, I ended up bowing to the inevitable... I got 51 kms in yesterday but the cold, damp air had me coughing and spluttering. I got up this morning aiming to tackle the 100 kms ride, but my body decided otherwise - I couldn't face doing double yesterday's distance!

I'm still in THIS challenge, but have dropped out of the MCaM. I also still have one more 161 km ride to do for the Lunacy Challenge. I'll leave that until the end of next week to give me more time to get over my cold and (hopefully) for the weather to improve.

Top Bottom