The 2019 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Another finisher well done @bruce1530
You may have been the first to finish @C R by a few minutes ,but I posted first :tongue:

bruce1530

Guru
Aye, I’m in this year - that makes 3 years.

It’s been harder this year. In general, the only target I set each year is to go a little bit further than previous years. and over the last few years my annual total distance has gone up a couple of hundred mules each year. But this year I’m 500 down on last year, and lower than I was in 2016!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Guess what another finisher ,Well done @The Bystander

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Challenge done.
It was bright, it was sunny, but by 'eck it was cold. :cold:
A delayed start until 10:30 in the vain hope that the ice would melt but there were still a few twitchy bum moments out there today.

Seriously, if it hadn't been for this challenge I'd have been checking out train times to get me home.
I had 5 layers on the top half, two pairs of socks and overshoes, windproof bib tights and winter gloves and still I almost froze.
It was so cold that I've just had a bowl of soup to try and warm up. :laugh:

Full report to follow once I've regained feeling in my hands.

Anyway, to the important stuff, what am I doing wrong that I can't simply copy & paste another star onto my signature..? :rolleyes:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Another finisher ,Well done @Northern Dave glad you stuck with the challenge with everything going on . well done on getting round safely
Anyway, to the important stuff, what am I doing wrong that I can't simply copy & paste another star onto my signature..? :rolleyes:
I also can't update my signature have messaged @Shaun to hopefully get can answer

Last edited:

Domus

Guru
In 👍

Had to delay my start this morning, was hoping for a 2 pointer but the frost was very heavy so didn't venture out 'till after 11.00 :cold:

I must admit to being very well pleased with myself, 92 points and counting. I had doubts at the beginning of the year as I waited for my prostate surgery in February so missed almost a full month of riding, I just scraped in in late March to keep the challenge alive.

Another trip to Mallorca in April did me a world of good, warm sunshine helped me get a bit of fitness back and Nickyboy's ride to Llandudno was my first 100 miles. I managed four Friday Night Rides to the Coast, two wet ones and two dry ones so evenly balanced, all very enjoyable in their own way.

Onwards and upwards for 2020.
Thanks to all on here for their help and kind words. :notworthy:

Top Bottom