The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
Is it too late to post up my rides for this year's challenge?^_^
I have realised that I have been trying to make sure at least some of my rides qualify each month!:bicycle::angel:

How many members are in the challenge this year?

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Is it too late to post up my rides for this year's challenge?^_^
I have realised that I have been trying to make sure at least some of my rides qualify each month!:bicycle::angel:

How many members are in the challenge this year?
I'm coming back to grovel to see if I'm allowed back in, 100km and 100 mile challenges I have had to let go. I'm just about OK with 50 km. You got rides each month Katherine you're in surely! 🌈🚴‍♂️

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I have a 50km on a turbo logged so can I add that to the three proper ones I’ve done this month? :laugh:
Hi @Noodle Legs yes for lockdown only turbo rides count . The challenge is a yearly one Jan to Dec to qualify for a bronze Star but you can join anytime for a bit of motivation . If you have done rides over 50km in Jan to Mar you can post them as well and your in for the year
Just noticed your location I'm over in Anstey and a few of us local Ccers sometimes meet up for rides based around Bosworth under normal condition I post the rides in the recreational rides we section

Hi @Noodle Legs yes for lockdown only turbo rides count . The challenge is a yearly one Jan to Dec to qualify for a bronze Star but you can join anytime for a bit of motivation . If you have done rides over 50km in Jan to Mar you can post them as well and your in for the year
Just noticed your location I'm over in Anstey and a few of us local Ccers sometimes meet up for rides based around Bosworth under normal condition I post the rides in the recreational rides we section
That’s good to know- however it would seem I’ve done a few rides with you already, including a trip up to Yorkshire staying in a cottage while we watched the world championships lol :okay::laugh:

Last edited:
No can't place you :laugh:
When did you change your username ? I should have recognised the bike
Changed it last night, when you initially sign up for CC they advise you not to use your full name, however it’s taken me 8 years to realise this and I quite fancied a change anyway! :laugh:

Got out in the beautiful Friday afternoon sun for a warm spin through the local lanes down to Atherstone. After a few hard days crunching numbers Zwifting in a warm garage I figured I would do a spot of active recovery in the fresh air, my first in 12 days.
Next to no wind, no cloud, the countryside looking magnificent in this gorgeous weather, it was a nice end to the afternoon indeed. The legs were definitely feeling it however despite a minimal effort on my behalf and a rest day now awaits. Just under 43 hot ones today.

Last edited:

Domus

Guru
A lovely sunny morning with a light wind tempted me out again. Holcombe Hill is becoming a favourite during the lockdown, very quiet and cracking views across the valley. The climb up to Owd Betts was into what little wind there was, so was a tester this morning. Got a chill on the descent to Norden 50 + Kph for a few minutes :cold:
Came past Asda in Pilsworth and the queue to get in snaked all around the car park :eek:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I only log one 50km ride each month, but I usually ride more. I was out early this morning and had got 20km under the wheels and arrived at the bakery as she was unlocking the doors.

Having a cake and a coffee under my belt was what I needed to carry on for the next 30km. Its still chilly in the morning. When dawn came, the sunlight and clear sky were a long way off. I was surrounded by cloud. The only solution was to pedal faster to keep warm. There are plenty of foxes, deer, rabbits and hawks around at the moment. I also saw 2 storks flying over and a badger in a field. I really need a GoPro.

A nice ride and I need to keep reminding myself that it is still very early in the year and there is still a lot of cycling to come.

Slick

Guru
I've finally updated the thread, apologies for the delay for anyone keeping track. There was quite a mixture of rides where I was never always 100% sure where I was with the worst example of that being when I was so frustrated one day when working from home that I decided I deserved a lunchtime ride when halfway round my usual loop my boss called me to say he needed a Skype meeting. I blagged it as I thought I could get a shortcut home but I got lost in the hills as it's just a maze of lanes and had to fall him back and declare myself. :shy: Thankfully he found it hilarious and agreed to delay the meeting by an hour until I could get home. At least it meant another point. :laugh:

Probably the biggest single reason for most of the additional rides is I'm still going into work Tuesdays and Thursdays to pick up the post and to make sure it gets to whomever needs it. I don't usually claim those rides as there is 8 hours between home and away but now I'm in work for only slightly longer than your average cafe stop and the extra couple of km's I'm doing to actually pick up the mail is just enough to get them to qualify. It's also a welcome relief from loops close to home, and the weather has obviously been amazing for this early in the year so hopefully we will continue to benefit from that.

Top Bottom