The 2021 Half Century (50km or 50m) a month challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

footloose crow

Über Member
July update

It's been a footloose month this month with sailing in Med in the first ten days and now in France.

12/7. Truro- Portreath and back. 58k
14/7 Truro - King Harry Ferry - Truro. 51k
16/7. Falmouth - Helford - Stithians - Falmouth 54k
18/7. 50k of obscure lanes from Truro. 50k
19/7. Truro and around St Agnes Beacon. 50k
21/7. Around Goss Moor. 67k
28/7. Castelnaud- St Cyprienne - St Martial de Nabirat - Payrignac- Revers. (Dordogne / Lot, France) 67k
31/7. Revers - Souillac- St Julian de Lampon- Revers (as above). 53k

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Weird one of my computers is showing my monthly update post, but this one isn't?
I have seen it so it's all counted

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
done a couple of 50K plus this month but havent added them to my list as yet. A super warm88km on the 18th = out to Somerby, and a slightly cooler 81km on the 4th which took me down to Pailton (nd a few loops around monks Kirby). Been a bit rubbish in not adding them...but got July's done!

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
And here is one of the photographs that 'delayed' my attempt at First Post Of The Month. ^_^ This at Felixstowe.

photo 1 (4).JPG

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Somehow I got a 50km ride in today . Awoke this morning to rain :rain: checked the weather app and it's in for the day but slowly improving but I didn't fancy getting wet . So spent the day pottering about watching the Olympics and looking out the window at the rain . Everytime it stopped there were still black clouds in the distance .Had an early tea and it looked ok so out the door at 17.15 for an hour was the plan . The longer I was out the better the weather got so an hour became 20 miles then I might as well do 50km right . So it was just a matter of I just go right here add a little bit then another turn for more miles making it up as I go . Made it home with 31.9 miles done finished in glorious :sun:. Never got more than 6 miles from home just in case the weather turned

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I've just done a Google Maps calculation of a ride I did with a mate on Friday and realised it's just over 50 k! Now claimed and recorded.
Oh, we were fortunate to dodge some exceptional torrents of rain by being under cover in a pub.

Chatisham6.8.21.JPG

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
A belated July up date we have 30 riders fully posted up for July . But that means 2 fallers . There appears to have been no miracle recovery for @Milkfloat back issues which is such a shame breaking a superb 5.5 year run . Wishing you a speedy recovery ,hope thinks are heading in the right direction . We also appear to have lost @Jonjay on his first attempt but 6 months having only completed his first 50km ride in January is not a bad effort

Milkfloat

An Peanut
A belated July up date we have 30 riders fully posted up for July . But that means 2 fallers . There appears to have been no miracle recovery for @Milkfloat back issues which is such a shame breaking a superb 5.5 year run . Wishing you a speedy recovery ,hope thinks are heading in the right direction . We also appear to have lost @Jonjay on his first attempt but 6 months having only completed his first 50km ride in January is not a bad effort
July was a total washout, August I have managed maximum 10 minutes so far on a turbo trainer, a long way to go before I am back. I am worried about the start of 2022 now. Fingers crossed the surgeon decides to wield his knife and it all goes well.

Jonjay

Über Member
Gutted to be out of this but July proved to be a bit of a disaster and I had no real time to get out. The only couple of days I had pencilled in were complete wash outs. I’ll still be trying to get 50s in for my own record and will be back in the challenge next year, it’s been a great motivator.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Gutted to be out of this but July proved to be a bit of a disaster and I had no real time to get out. The only couple of days I had pencilled in were complete wash outs. I’ll still be trying to get 50s in for my own record and will be back in the challenge next year, it’s been a great motivator.
Feel free to carry on posting in threads if you want too . You've come a long way since January . As the weather gets nicer there's so much other stuff going on time can get restricted

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
For once got in early will update later in month but I'm still in the game.
Used Ride with GPS to plan a route back form Brighton (train down) and I was really impressed with the quiet well paved roads it chose. A couple of gravel paths near Sutton and a nightmare bit of A24 were slight belmishes but |I had a great time. My longest ride 130 km and easily the most meters climbed. 12 08
https://www.strava.com/activities/5782121920

Regular 50km ride up to Epping Forrest. 10 08
https://www.strava.com/activities/5770825743
Well done on your longest ride . I can see an imperial century coming

Top Bottom