The 2021 Half Century (50km or 50m) a month challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
Prepped my winter bike for the Friday night ride later this week so had to check it out, obviously :okay:
Loaded up the rack bag with jacket, leg-warmers etc, new rear light fitted and off to Fredericks for coffee and toasted teacake.
51 Kms completed and just the rear brake needed a tweak on return. All set for Friday. :bicycle:

Left the house today with dark foreboding clouds overhead but little rain on the radar. Got hit by a heavy drizzle within 5 minutes riding and carried on as it looked brighter ahead. The same repeated for about an hour during which I found this wonderful realisation that I was at piece with the drizzley rain and just kept pedalling. I was in this lovely place of peace with everything. Rode up towards Clifton where I stopped to see if a cyclist needed help and he showed me that he'd picked up a little bird from the middle of the cycle path as he was worried someone would run over it. He was working out what best to do. I carried on as I was slightly underdressed for the weather and it brightened up a bit. Put in some power as someone was behind me at the lights but then found that he had a motor as he overtook me uphill when I was still doing 23mph!!

Still, a lovely 50k ride out. Why can't all rides find this peace?

slow scot

Veteran
I’m a late poster. Apologies, I was doing so well!!!

Underway for July but not how I'd expected. Rather than riding to Cheltenham for a holiday at the cricket, the rain forced the use of a train. I just don't want to ride through thunderstorms if I can avoid it!! So a 20mile ride to Derby to get the train and then arrived in Cheltenham too early to check into the hotel. So I went on a random ride which seemed to pass over or under a railway every other mile. A little bit of exploring at the end took me to 50km and I did get drenched twice but it was a fun ride!

Top Bottom