The 2023 Half Century (50km or 50m) Challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Januarys done - later ride than normal for this time of year setting off at around 1.30pm- needed to take lights just in case!

January done - 50.7KM = Blaby - south wigston - countesthorpe - peatling magna - arnesby - bruntingthorpe - Walton - Kimcote - Gilmotron - Kimcote - - Gilmorton (again!) - Ashby Parva - Dunton Bassett - - Gilmorton - Peatling Parva - Peatling Magna - Countesthorpe - Blaby

Got back just before sunset...but glad I had lights with me....

Last edited:

AndreaJ

Veteran
First ride done, had a rear derailleur/ gear cable issue half way round and thought I would have to give up but was saved by a helpful person whose house I had stopped by. Finished the ride with one gear, luckily there were no big hills!

kapelmuur

Veteran
I had hoped to get on the board on the first day of the new year, but my granddaughter very kindly pressed several examples of her cocktail making skills on me at our New Year eve party and I didn't feel very well yesterday.

Proud of myself today for overcoming my horror of cold and rain by setting of in a chilly shower after lunch then being rewarded with blue skies and sunshine after about 30 minutes.

bluenotebob

Veteran
I’m also up and running in this year’s challenge.

I took advantage of the really mild (and mostly dry) weather and cycled down the V3 Voie Verte from Mauron to la Tayée and back. Lots of people out on the return leg – almost all of them seemed to be walking unleashed dogs (dogs all well-behaved and lots of tail-wagging .. but it did slow me down).

The empty Voie Verte near la Touche Carné

V3 towards Touche Carné.JPG

The very full river Oust from the pont d’Hingleux near la Chapelle Caro

Pont d'Hingleux pic 4.JPG

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Not only am I delighted to sign up again for the coming year but 13 Rider can relax, I've done my rides this month!

(Wahoo and Strava refusing to talk to one another at this point, but will update the other thread)

PS
I would get a small, but worthwhile, glow if the mods could add 2022 and second star below?

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Not only am I delighted to sign up again for the coming year but 13 Rider can relax, I've done my rides this month!

(Wahoo and Strava refusing to talk to one another at this point, but will update the other thread)

PS
I would get a small, but worthwhile, glow if the mods could add 2022 and second star below?
@Pat "5mph" could you please add a 2nd star to @Chap sur le velo signature and 2022
Many thanks

Domus

Guru
Went to the caravan in Grange at the weekend fearing the worst after the nasty freezing spell. However my winter preparations worked very well, all systems functioned as they should so I went for a bike ride. :okay:
The forecast was for rain after 15.00 so I planned to be back for 14.00. It actually started to rain at 11.00 when I was at the furthest part of the ride in Silverdale. I abandoned the loop through Hincaster and Sedgwick and got back to Grange with a credible 71 wet and windy Kms done.

Domus

Guru
Another point in the bag, easy ride through Atherton to Leigh in showery and blustery conditions. Coffee and toast in Costa then home via Hindley and Westhoughton. Traffic was backed up all through Hindley town centre all the way to the train station. Didn't see the cyclist that caused it all, 'cos the Daily Mail says cyclists cause congestion.

kapelmuur

Veteran
Went to the caravan in Grange at the weekend fearing the worst after the nasty freezing spell. However my winter preparations worked very well, all systems functioned as they should so I went for a bike ride. :okay:
The forecast was for rain after 15.00 so I planned to be back for 14.00. It actually started to rain at 11.00 when I was at the furthest part of the ride in Silverdale. I abandoned the loop through Hincaster and Sedgwick and got back to Grange with a credible 71 wet and windy Kms done.

Sod’s Law decrees that rain must start when you are at the point furthest from base.

Top Bottom